Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash lights went haywire!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Alright, so I'm a little late on this update. Received my new alternator from BPutah on Friday afternoon. It came just as I was finishing up the drive shaft fix on our '04 D2. So, I take the belt off of the '99, and compare it to the new one I picked up at the local parts store. Not even a close fit! So, take the new belt back to get the correct size. Come to find out, they gave me the one for the non-ACE set up. I needed the longer belt. Well, they didn't have it. After 3 more auto parts stores, found one that could get it first thing Saturday morning, so I ordered it.

When it came in, I picked it up and went to installing the new alternator and belt. It was relatively easy and straight-forward. Once I got the part in and the belt wrapped around most of the pulleys, I did have to get my wife to slip the belt onto the alternator while I wrenched the idler pulley up for extra slack.

The truck is running great now! Oh yea, I reconfigured my UG to show me the voltage instead of instant MPG's. I'm happy, happy, happy!