Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dead instrument cluster:

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dead instrument cluster:

ok, this has me a wee bit stumped

2003 Disco with 120k miles

Came out to it this morning and no instrument cluster working. The onlt light that works is the SRS light and that goes out after it starts.
ALL other electrics are working. The Disco starts and runs fine but the instrument cluster is DEAD, nada, nothing, no warning lights, temp, tach, speed or fuel gauge. EVERYTHING else works fine and perfect...

The Ultra gauge works fine and the only code it has thrown is 0462 fuel pump????

Any helps or hints would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by G Reeves; 10-17-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had this same issue before. It only happens in the winter time when it's pretty cold out (like below freezing). Truck runs great, no codes, just no instrument cluster. After the truck warms up after 10-15 minutes of driving, all of the sudden everything will turn on. Does your cluster turn on after it warms at all? Or is it just dead?

My rover mechanic mentioned it was probably due to a bad fuse box, the one inside the truck. But then it warmed up and was summer time, and it stopped doing it, so I didn't worry about it. Now that winters back though, it might be happening again.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bballjames
I've had this same issue before. It only happens in the winter time when it's pretty cold out (like below freezing). Truck runs great, no codes, just no instrument cluster. After the truck warms up after 10-15 minutes of driving, all of the sudden everything will turn on. Does your cluster turn on after it warms at all? Or is it just dead?

My rover mechanic mentioned it was probably due to a bad fuse box, the one inside the truck. But then it warmed up and was summer time, and it stopped doing it, so I didn't worry about it. Now that winters back though, it might be happening again.
No does not turn on, stays dead....