Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deal o not deal???? Need experience opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deal o not deal???? Need experience opinion

I'm looking for a Disco, and I found this one, do you guys think is a good deal? I don't know if getting a Disco with 100k miles on it is a good idea, even with the waranty so I would love a few opinions

Price

$9,999
Get NADAguides Pricing Info
for this Land Rover

Body Style
Sport Utility

Mileage

Exterior Color
Silver

Interior Color
Black

Engine
8 Cylinder Gasoline

Transmission
Automatic

Drive Type
4 wheel drive

Fuel Type
Gasoline

Stereo
Harman Kardon Sound Sys

Doors
Four Door

Stock No.
1-24-w7

VIN
SALTL16493A822033
Seller's Comments[/align]*WARRANTY *This certified Land Rover Has & comes with 5 more years until 200,000 miles nationwide warranty for Engine, transmission, 4 x 4, waterpump, towing until 2013. IT HAS 100K. MILES This is the Lowest price in Internet by far, The Finest Off-Road Vehicle made this Discovery takes punishment - far more than you can subject any SUV. New tires new service gone through 100 points of inspectionit performs flawlessly. This is a heavy car, just over 4,500 lbs, and it feels solid on the road. I've felt totally comfortable driving through heavy rains. In addition, this vehicle will drive down an unplowed street, nonplussed. Equipped with the hurricane wheels, this car is a great performer for highway and "light" off road, or snow rain, dirt roads, Excellent acceleration pick-up on highway. Smooth transition from side roads to major roads. Very comfortable interior and excellent view. Kelley Blue Book value $16,780 [/align]Installed Features[/align]

[ul][*]Driver Air Bag[*]Anti-Lock Brakes[*]Air Conditioning[*]Alloy Wheels[*]Cruise Control[*]Passenger Air Bag[/ul]

[ul][*]Rear Window Defroster[*]Power Seats[*]Leather Seats[*]Power Door Locks[*]Power Mirrors[*]Power Windows[/ul]

Pictures here

Old 02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deal o not deal???? Need experience opinion

First of all, those aren't 18 inch hurricane wheels. Those are the G4 16 inch wheels( which is even better). You sure you have pictures of the right vehicle ???

This is a 2003, and if that warranty is for real and issued by a reputable company, I say that it's definitely worth checking out.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talk to the dealer about the waranty, and it is with this company http://www.autosave.com/ I will do some research on it, but I'm on my way out right now, so will have to be when I get back, does any one knows any thing about them?

TY for you reply "DAROVER" you are right, I like those wheels better too, what do you think about the 100k miles?

Old 02-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Do not let the miles scare you.
And yes we know a thing or two about Land Rovers. If the warrenty is included at no additional charge it is a really good deal.
With the price of gas right now and what they are predicting for this summer...that is probally why the price is so low.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:21 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Bring it to a shop have them look over it and if everything checks out thats a great deal. If you havent already, take a look at carfax and be sure everything is good on that as well. If they dont let you bring it to a shop thats a bad sign. I had one place that said "we dont have time to let you bring it to a shop" HA! So i "test drove" it toa shopand found it was messed up majorly. I brought it back with a copy of everything wrong, put they keys on the desk and left. I also put a copy of the problems in the glove box. So TRY and bring it to any mech. you like/trust. Most places will check over it for cheap, or free. Good luck, just ask if you have any other ?'s.

Old 02-17-2008, 11:50 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if you can't get it for free, most places will do a multi-point or 'pre-purchase' inspection for anywhere from 20-80 bucks. Even at $80, that's not much if the vehicle has alot of problems