Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Definitly OCD.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 06:29 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Definitly OCD.

My recently purchased LR 02 Discoveryll 55k,Replacement for my dearly Loved 1995 Mitsubishi Montero SR(which I still own)

I have changed the oil 4 times in less than 1000 miles, I can not make up my mind. In the Montero I used Chevron supreme synthetic 10w-30 and Delo-400 0w-30 synthetic since 2002
(filter choice was Nippon & Mitsu original)when I had the Motor rebuilt @77K. It has 98K on it now in 2008.

The Discovery came with fresh oil from the Toyata dealer I purchased it from (mobile Clean 5000 5W-30 and a napa filter)
Firstchange was penzoil Platium10W-30(landRover filter)
Second change Penzoil Platium 5W-50(Crosland, filter)
Thirdchange was Chevron Delo-400 15W-40(Bosch filter)
Forth and finalchange chevron Delo-400 5W-40 synthetic(LandRover filter)

OkI have issues yes,but I finally feel like I made it to the correct choice for me and My Disco.

I have 3 LandRover filters Part#ER3340 in stock and 6 Gallons of the Delo-400 5W-40 so I have a commitment now.

I have pretty much completedall of the 60 k service as recomended by the Rave CD
1.Flushed the Break fluid(used Land rover fluid)
2.Flushed the power steering 3 times (used LandRover fluid)
3.Changed the Trans fluid(Used penzoil Multi ATF)
4.Changed all the Diffs including the transfer case(Used Redline MT 75-90)
5.Changed the Plugs(Used NKG Platiums) wires are on the way(land rover Part)
6.Changed the Thermostat(Used land rover Part)
7.Changed the coolant(Used Dexcool original)
And the list go's on.
I have schrubed the under side with engine cleaner and break clean with a Tooth brush and rag(removing grease spots and what not.

Yes I am still Married.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Definitly OCD.

Wow, sounds like you got it figured out now. I think your screen name is fitting, you're all over the place. Your engine must be flushed pretty clean now too. I know exactly how you feel though, I was all over the place on engine oils when I first got my truck and I still haven't settled on anything yet. Land Rover owners seem to use just about every different weight of oil that ismade. Your wife is a saint and by the way, you'll probably change you mind again soon.