Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DII SAI question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by dparham
yeah... I knew that but if the SAI is causing a rich or lean mix for an extended amount of time wouldn't have I have weird O2 codes?
you'd have codes related to the mixture. I don't think you'd get heater codes. This is the flow chart of how the computer decides to store a heater code:

DII SAI question...-o2-sensor-heater.jpg

Old 01-23-2015, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I think you may have a flaky ECM, considering the codes you just posted from your abs amigo. It said it wasn't getting the PWM signal from the ECM. I had a code like that once and it was caused by corrosion inside the engine computer, caused by a leaky sunroof or windscreen. I'd open up you computer and see if it's green inside.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by dparham
just made changes to my wording lol I meant to say it goes to normal after pump goes off... so I changed my wording above to answer correctly that NO it does NOT stay at 0000 after SAI goes off... it starts switching normally... also at first startup it doesn't just 000 out.. it slowing over about 30 seconds just drops in numbers until it 000 out then Sai goes off and it starts switching normally
Well that changes things........

Old 01-24-2015, 10:12 AM
Winching
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 04duxlr
Cold day in West Palm Beach? What's that, like 55 degrees?

The only difference between banks that can be related to SAI is if one valve works and one doesn't. Once the SAI solenoid activates, it sends vacuum to both valves through the same line. If one valve is stuck then it won't open when vacuum is applied and the air from the SAI won't be fed into the exhaust on that side. Do you have a hand vacuum pump available? You could use it to try to open the valves when the engine is running and warmed up. Disconnect the hose from the SAI pump to the valve then try to open the valve with the vacuum pump. If it works, you will hear and feel exhaust coming out.
haha 55 is SUPER cold here lol usually 75 is considered cool lol hmmm I kind of understand... I know that little additional canister next to SAI pump if I disconnect it... all seems to be ok.. but Ill throw some other code lol but it runs nice... I have to check UG on that and see if it makes a difference... for me the SAI is a PITA and no need here in florida lol but unfortunately its a new york vehicle form original buyer but has been in florida most of its life