Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed, Embarrassed, Concerned

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spike: thank you for the video post....mine was a case of a "youth" trying to have a little to much fun hahaha.

DiscoWest A snorkel is on the list and a seal improvement to the air flow line....ill get that truck back to England without a boat someday.

Nevada Ben: will do, thank you. It otta leave me a nice water trail to find my way home and you were right about the code.

Hilltopper: Everything seemed to be sealed as well as it could have been. I'd say operator error here haha. Although I have gone through water much faster than that without a problem...but that stuff was ddeeepppp. Thank you for the advice.

Well now I'll have to share a story after all those words that might instill a bit more confidence in my rover at least. On one off road trip into a swamp a hole about 30% larger than the truck nabbed me for an entire 10 hours of recovery, it was brutal and a very long story short the front end was in water up to the top of the left headlight and the bottom of the right and the exhaust submerged angled up.....for 10 hours!!! idling. I was afraid to shut her off for fear it wouldn't start again while trying to back out. Needless to say I had to pretty much preform the entire 60k twice. Well lessons learned anyway. Thank you everyone.

Last edited by Livingintheskies; 08-09-2011 at 02:41 PM. Reason: correction