Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 1 that can't be fixed???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006 | 09:23 PM
|
8th Gear
Default Disco 1 that can't be fixed???

I have a beautiful 97 Disco 1 80K. Always has ran great. Battery kept going dead, trouble shoot-removed battery, used test light pulled out each fuse while light was connected. Discovered Alternator had draw-it was bad. After hooking battery back up truck doesn't start. No spark, no fuel, but turns over. Checked all fuses fine. Replaced Alt, and battery to be safe. Nothing. Replaced ECM stil doesn't start. Brought to Mechanic to troubleshoot tells me he can't fix it, he's been trying for three weeks. Said he has never NOT been able to troubleshoot an electrical problem, and knows Rovers. He's at the end of the line. I am thinking I might just sell the thing for parts. I have never experienced a car that can't be fixed until now. Any ideas? We tried two different ECM thinking the first one was bad, but what is the chance three are bad? Almost ZERO. I have manuals on DISC can't get this thing going. Its a complete mystery. five weeks without my rover, a horror story.

Old 11-11-2006 | 01:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default RE: Disco 1 that can't be fixed???

Take it to a rover dealership. There are diagnositc tools that rover dealerships have, (among a select few others) that can solve a problem like yours. Don't give up on it. A no start condition is not worth selling for parts condition. It's labeled as the easiest fix for technicians! Good luck!

Old 11-18-2006 | 12:01 AM
|
8th Gear

Dealer got back to me, told me it was a loose fuse where the fog light connection was. It was number three fuse that controlled the ECM, and alarm ECM. Wasn't making contact with the fuse ecause it was bent out too wide. Best thing is the dealer tried to charge me for 7 hours of labor! Paid him for two hours, tried to totally bone me. But I guess in a no start situation the dealer is the only option.

Old 11-18-2006 | 05:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Well at least ya got it fixed. Sweet!

Old 11-19-2006 | 12:03 AM
Winching

Damn straight! Screw that Dealer, screw that Doctor. They all say the same thing... We need more money to figure it out. Don't pay em! Make em work for free!