Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 ...A feel good story

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 01:08 PM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

My wife drives a 2012 Rogue....we bought it new and it has 104k on it now. Good solid car but its noisy as heck inside. The Disco puts it shame ride wise also.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:09 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

I've put several NV desert runs in, around 1200 mile round trips, half of that is off road in the middle of nowhere. I like a rig that can do 70 mph on a gravel road stable (if you want), and also crawl the bumpy old wagon roads with all your gear.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4

My 2014 Ram C/V blew up (work van) and I’m in a 2018 Nissan Rogue for a rental and let me tell you they can try to label all this electronic crap as safety features aka blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning, auto braking, and back up cameras just to name a few, but IMHO all it does is create crappy drivers who then depend on the beeps, and warnings vs looking out the darn window!!! I don’t use the back up camera, I don’t need blind spot monitoring (use the mirrors & keep an eye out on your surroundings), and the auto braking = what a bunch of crap... I’ve put 1.2k on this thing and it got covered in bugs. I started having a crash detection warning light flash on the dash... Squirted the windshield and it went away... Over a bug on a windshield it freaked out and thought I’d crashed I guess.
haha... this story made me laugh Had a rental Rogue last year in England (called the Qashqai over there) and drove it down to Cornwall where there are tight, hedgerow lined lanes. I'm sure there is some way to turn off some of the safety features but good god, that car drove me crazy. At the time I had been driving my Rover daily for 10 years and was used to simplicity. By the end of the trip I was a bundle of nerves from all of the beeping (parking next to fishing nets, tight lanes, etc) that I named it the 'car from hell'. This past January we had a Renault with assisted steering of some sort where it pushed you back into your lane if you got near the center line. The lights dimmed automatically as well when an oncoming light was detected. It had quirks haha. Give me my Rover any day although right now I can't even drive it to the end of the drive lol....guess you could say I'm holding out for my feel good story

Last edited by KernowDiscovery; 05-07-2019 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,297 Likes on 1,688 Posts

Yeah the next person that relies on that stuff to drive is in for a surprise! I disabled about 50% of it thru the menu’s when you are parked. It’s not an extremely bad little SUV, but the road noise is nasty & if there is the slightest breeze you will be tossed around. I do like whipping into parking spaces as it’s so tiny, but before I disabled some stuff it just beeped & beeped or tried to steer for you. I do like the rear cargo layout & the steering wheel feels nice.

The heated cloth seats remind me more of a warm fart stuck in a pair of blue jeans vs how a heated leather seat feels. My wife made fun of my comment, so she tried it & just bursted out laughing. She said yep you described it perfectly lol.

The following users liked this post:
ivbyiv (05-08-2019)