Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 04:37 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disco 2 Problems

Mike,
It was a crack on plug 1. Changed it and now she is running fine. WOW! What a difference with those platinum plugs and 8mm Magnecors. Thanks for letting me know about them. Now all I need to do is cancel the engine service light in the top right of the guage panel. How do I do that?
Next little (I hope) problem is that the cruise control does not function. The light on the switch illuminates but nothing is functional. I have checked all the vacuum lines and the are in great shape. Any ideas?
I also need to know where I can get the cover for the air filter housing. One of the spring catches is broken and it doesn't seal properly.
Adding to that I need to also get the small cover that hides the top of the rear center seatbelt. The belt is in a locked position at the moment and I can't seem to free it. Little problems just need ing attention.
Thanks, Jack.

Old 10-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disco 2 Problems

The cruise could be the brake light switch. My light also comes on but I never hear the pump run under the hood. I am not sure if it is suppose to run when the switch light comes on but others have indicated that if the brake light switch is not working properly the pump will not run. It would seem to me that if the brake lights are working properly that it would not be a problem but in a previous post someone indicated that they figured out thier brake light switch was bad.

Maybe someone knows the answer for this in the mean time I will look at the wiring diagrams and try to give you a better answer.

C