Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco 2 Winch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Disco 2 Winch

Hi Guys, Just thought I would post my winch install that I did the weekend just gone to give others an idea of what can be done with a standard bumper / discreet installetc. If your interested take a look :-

http://www.discovery2.co.uk/winch.html

Old 05-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Disco 2 Winch

Sweet write-up. Are you going to give it an actual test somewhere?

Old 05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Urban Panzer

Hi Guys, Just thought I would post my winch install that I did the weekend just gone to give others an idea of what can be done with a standard bumper / discreet installetc. If your interested take a look :-

http://www.discovery2.co.uk/winch.html
Nice job.
I was under the impression from what I have read from LRM that Bull Bars are out in the UK.

Old 05-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi, thanks for the comments...........

Well as far as testing it, It may get used at my local off road site, failing that Im off soon for 2 days off roading soon with rivers and rocks and mud and all sorts, so who knows what may happen there. If Im honest I didnt "really" need one, but I got it at a good price and half the fun is installing it all. The way I see it, if theres one fitted its there if you need it

As far as Bull bars and the UK. What you read is correct, but its not as straight forward as that. Vehicles fitted with them like mine there is no issue, you don't have to remove them, its also ok to buy a secondhand one or even new and fit it, as long as a new one comes from a suppliers "current stock". Once suppliers run out of stock like mine, they then cannot continue to sell that type of bull bar A bar. They cannot order one for you if they don't have it there and then.

Manufacturers are also not allowed to sell new ones that are of metal type construction like mine, they must now be of the ABS plastic type that are "supposed" to be more pedestrian friendly in the event of a collision. Hope that clears it up for you.