Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 08:11 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default disco II remote won't work on car

Our 2000 disco II has a broken lock in the door.
The only way he could open the car was with the remote. Now, all of a sudden the remote won't open the car and we can't get in the car at all.
Any suggestions?

Old 08-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Only one key hole on the d2. Also, if the car battery is dead, you can hook up to the starter cable.

Old 08-27-2012, 07:35 AM
2nd Gear

we tried to that and that didn't work? do you think the fob could be bad?

Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
The driver door lock cylinder has small parts in it, just like most door locks, usually made of brass or similar material, corrosion can freeze them, and WD 40 may not help. Before things get to the point where you can't get in the truck anymore, should take apart doors and remove locks, attempt cleaning, lube with graphite or silicone, or replace units. Lots of posts about truck locked, remote quits, can't get in, superlock on, can't get in, etc.
Mine won't turn and I am locked out. What would you advise I spray in there to free the parts. I have already tried Liquid Wrench Penetrating Oil.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:27 AM
1st Gear
Default EKA For 2003 LR Discovery 2 Series

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody help me here.
To the point.............
1. Both of my remotes are dead. Changed batteries to new but to no avail.
2. Tried to enter the EKA code going through the recommended procedure that is quoted in the manual but still no joy.

I have a zero digit (0) as part of the EKA code, does anybody no how many turns of the key (manually in the drivers door locking device) represents the digit zero (0) ???????

Regards,

Poppet:

Old 08-12-2017, 08:43 PM
4th Gear
Default same issue

Originally Posted by aarongregor
also the passenger and both rear doors wont unlock with the remote or the unlock button inside, I have to open them with the door handle inside but they lock with the remote and the inside button. I can hear the actuators when I hit the unlock but it only locks them. The drivers side and rear door unlock and lock with the remote and inside button...
Hi, did you ever resolve this as it looks like the exact same problem I am having
can't unlock 3 passenger doors

Thanks

Old 08-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I've read each response on this thread. Nothing worked for me. to give you some background I think my daughter and son super locked the 2000 Land Rover Discovery II. I locked the car the night before. The red alarm light was on indicating it was armed.The passenger side front door doesn't lock with the interior push button lock so I normally push it down, but I didn't lock it that night. The next day my son when out and opened that door setting off the alarm. My daughter trying to stop the alarm stuck her key inside the door and turned it back a couple of times quickly then forward to silence the alarm. Well the alarm never silenced. They called me at work saying the car would not start each time they attempted it would set off the alarm. I came home to find that the key will not work in the driver's lock. It just turns with no resistance as if the lock isn't connected to anything inside the door. The key will stop once it's turn as far as it can go but it's not doing anything to the locking mechanism (at least that's what if feels like when I turn it) The car alarm continue to go off with the hazard lights flashing along with that LOUD horn. I pulled the fuse for the horn, (I'm sure the neighbors were becoming annoyed). I've disconnected the battery for ten minutes and nothing. I disconnected it for a week and nothing. Radio, lights and power windows and even the locking switch inside the car works but the disco will not start nor does the key unlock the doors. I read to leave the neg battery cable hooked up and disconnect the positive then to run wire across from the connected neg to the unconnected positive connector (not the actuall positive battery post). That was to reset the computer in the vehicle but it didn't do anythin either. Fyi the key fob has been broken since we've owned the car so that isn't in play although I did just put a fresh battery in it hoping I would get something to happen. Nothing happened!. Can anyone help me get this dang vehicle rolling again and how to disconnect that alarm or the super lock system???? Oh yeah, I don't have the EKA code or the security card that come with the vehicle. This is a third or fourth hand vehicle to me. I did try the 1515 code and the 3645 and nothing worked. Thank you!

Last edited by Yelrut; 08-25-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 04:30 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

Did you check for alarm codes through the OBDII port? I had a random security system code that prevented the car from starting, no alarms tho other than the red light blinking. There was a P16xx code, when I cleared that the car started.

Old 08-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave03S
Did you check for alarm codes through the OBDII port? I had a random security system code that prevented the car from starting, no alarms tho other than the red light blinking. There was a P16xx code, when I cleared that the car started.
Thank you for that information. I don't have a scanner or the tool needed to check the codes through the port. If you can suggest the name or type of item I need I'll go and get one and hopefully make good use of it.
Thanks again

Old 08-25-2018, 08:23 PM
TReK
Received 503 Likes on 418 Posts

They make cheap ones for use with smartphones, just google OBDII Dongles for your type of device.

I however have an Ultragauge which is about $80. They sell them only through their own website.

The following users liked this post:
Yelrut (08-25-2018)

Quick Reply: Disco II immobilized....Read this it works!