Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco II Key FOB/Interior Lights Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco II Key FOB/Interior Lights Stopped Working

2002 Land Rover Discovery II, My Key FOB stopped working and my interior lights will not turn on. The red light on the key fob comes on but the lock and unlock does not work. I can still lock/unlock and set/unset the Alarm using the key in the drivers side door.
I cannot get the interior lights to come on at all. I was jiggling the wires under the passenger seat a couple weeks ago and he lights came on for just a couple minutes. I have not been able to duplicate this since.

All of the fuses look good.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Mahalo

Old 02-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Body Control Unit (BCU) controls both of those. Need to check every fuse under hood and under the dash (no, all of them are not in play, but a bunch are).

Old 02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Overlanding

Thanks, I will check all of the fuses and let you know

Old 03-18-2012, 08:26 PM
Overlanding

All of he Fuses are good, any recommendations on what to try?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Please re-check fuse 20 inside truck, and fuse link 3 under the hood. A fuse link has screws that hold it in place, will need a meter to test. This should get interior lights working (dome lights).

Old 09-16-2012, 02:23 PM
1st Gear

I'm having the exact same problem with the key fob and the dome lights.. would love to know if there are any other suggested solutions??? (tried the fuses, replaced the bulb.. tested the Fuseable links with a meter.)

Originally Posted by LRDisco2HI
2002 Land Rover Discovery II, My Key FOB stopped working and my interior lights will not turn on. The red light on the key fob comes on but the lock and unlock does not work. I can still lock/unlock and set/unset the Alarm using the key in the drivers side door.
I cannot get the interior lights to come on at all. I was jiggling the wires under the passenger seat a couple weeks ago and he lights came on for just a couple minutes. I have not been able to duplicate this since.

All of the fuses look good.
Any help would be very appreciated.

Mahalo

Old 09-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Same exact thing happened to me. The FOB and interior dome lights stopped working. The FOB would light up red.

My vehicle is a 2003 D2.

A member told me to replace fuse F20, a blue 15Amp fuse. The fuses are located under the steering wheel. You should find spare fuses at the bottom row.

It's a really strange problem, root cause unknown

Al G
03 D2

Old 09-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I think sometimes the software in the BCU gets hung up. My 03 had the remote stop working for a while. One day I went out to change some other setting in the BCU and after I was done playing around, the remote started working again.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:48 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
I think sometimes the software in the BCU gets hung up. My 03 had the remote stop working for a while. One day I went out to change some other setting in the BCU and after I was done playing around, the remote started working again.
Jeff, pardon my ignorance... what's a BCU? Is it something important I should know about being a LR owner?

Thanks!

Old 09-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

It's the body control unit. One of the many computers in the D2. It controls the interior lights, security system, and a bunch if other body related stuff.

Quick Reply: Disco II Key FOB/Interior Lights Stopped Working