Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco passenger window

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disco passenger window

I had the passenger window down on my Disco and when I tried to raise it it doesn't move. The motor is making a rattling noise, so I removed the door panel and the glass will not move up in the slightest if I try to push it up. I looked inside with a flashlight and it looks like the operator arm has traveled too far and is jammed by a small metal punch out on the mechanism, do I just drop the motor to move the window or is this another problem? I would like to get the window up if nothing else for now.

Old 09-23-2009, 12:36 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raasaymacleod
I had the passenger window down on my Disco and when I tried to raise it it doesn't move. The motor is making a rattling noise, so I removed the door panel and the glass will not move up in the slightest if I try to push it up. I looked inside with a flashlight and it looks like the operator arm has traveled too far and is jammed by a small metal punch out on the mechanism, do I just drop the motor to move the window or is this another problem? I would like to get the window up if nothing else for now.
is the regulator assy bent in the door at all?

the motor assy is bolted to the window regulator assy. you will need to remove the glass from the regulator which will allow you to unbolt the regulator/motor assy from the door.