Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disco Reliablility

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009 | 02:17 AM
Rock Crawling

I hate the computers.....those little bastards can cause issues.

Old 07-15-2009 | 11:44 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Spike555
Everybody says how unreliable Land Rovers are, well we took off for ******* MI after work Saturday, 150 miles into our 182 mile trip the tach goes flat and the battery light comes on.
So I turn off the a/c and the stereo, and call my local AutoZone to see if they can give me the number or look up the store in ******* and see if they maybe by chance have a alternator for the truck.
He was no help, none at all.
2nd AutoZone alternator to go bad in 14 months.
So I called information and got the number for the store in *******, explained to him that we were on vacation and what we needed, they couldnt have one until Tues so he called Advanced Auto, they can have one by morning.
We finish our drive, my moms husband is not a mechanic by any means, he is a carpenter.
Using a 1/4" drive socket set and a crecent wrench I was able ro replace the alternator the next morning.
Then we hit the trails, 62 miles of trail time between Sunday and Monday.
So in 2.5 years and 30,000 miles this is the first time that our Land Rover has given us any trouble on the road.
So I guess they are right, they are very unreliable.

WTF were you doing in *******...haha. Head west...much better, but then again I'm a bit biased.

Old 07-15-2009 | 07:06 PM
|
Team Owner

Originally Posted by AnnelieseMae
WTF were you doing in *******...haha. Head west...much better, but then again I'm a bit biased.
Dont worry Annie, you and I will be neighbors when we move to TC in about 10 years, I am wanting to live on the West Bay but south of town is more realalistic, she wants closer to East Bay.
Not Buckly or Kingsly but maybe South Garfield, just far enough out to say so but still close enough to town so that Hungrey Howies will still deliver.
Maybe M-72 and 4 mile...or the Soaring Eagle parking lot?
www.tamaracklodgetc.com
Check this place out Annie...I would LOVE to live here.