Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery 2 Electric Power Steering Pump mod - Volvo C70 Pump

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2024, 02:29 PM
Mudding
Received 121 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by whowa004
was looking at running a dodge or Chrysler 300 pump with a similar set up a while back but didn't pull the trigger bc well life haha. That said as someone with no fender liners there is no chance I'd be dropping the pump down into the well, other than that this looks great!
I forgot to mention, the bottom of this pump is exposed to the road in the Volvo's, and has that thick metal underside for that reason. I'd like to think it'll do ok mounted like I have it, as it's not much different than how it is in the Volvo's, fingers crossed, lol.

Originally Posted by Discorama
Using a different air box is problematic here (CA smog). I would prefer to keep the OEM air box in place. Is there a chance to put the Volvo pump into a different spot? How tall is the Volvo pump exactly?
I'm in Colorado, I was under the impression that our emissions laws are very similar? I've not had any problems passing emissions with my modified intake here. But I do seem to recall Cali not liking car mods of any kind, even for reasons other than emissions, so maybe you'd have trouble?

Anyway, to answer your question, the pump measures about: 12"Tall x 4.5"wide a 5"wide. Maybe if you moved the washer bottle, it'd fit down there? Although, maybe the Dodge/Chrysler pump would fit better in that position? All I can say, is that either one of those pumps will work, and work well with the Rover steering gear, which was my major question when I embarked on this lil journey. Wasn't sure if it'd even work as I'd seen no-one else try it in a 4x4, just drift cars and hot rods. But, I can say now, that IMO, this works....very well

Last edited by Mntnceguy; 09-10-2024 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-10-2024, 02:48 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 821 Likes on 538 Posts

I’ll find the link and post it here for anyone looking to do the dodge pump as the controller is about $100 making it more inline with the Volvo pump cost wise

edit: link- https://reformmotorsports.com/produc...te-adjustment/ they also have a volvo controller

Ah yes but do volvos get driven like mine do off-road? I doubt it haha. MTs can really chuck some large rocks and would rather not tempt fate. The Dodge pump laying horizontal fits nicely in a D1 or RRC as there is room in front of air box for one since there is technically a second battery tray there or space for one. No such luck in D2s.

Last edited by whowa004; 09-10-2024 at 03:20 PM. Reason: link added
The following users liked this post:
Mntnceguy (09-10-2024)