Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery Buildup

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 05:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say whatever you want but money is money and I have stressed many times I don't like it.

Name:  DSC01136.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  131.0 KB

Name:  DSC01139.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  125.8 KB

Name:  DSC01138.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  114.9 KB

Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 PM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by discoxd
i like it, i was planning on doing something similar to my 95 but i have opted to take parts from it and junk it instead... i do like the idea of using the the roll cage as an on board air tank... i'm sure it must have been a pia to get all the welds airtight though, especially in some of the tighter joints...

It wasn't too bad to get it airtight but I opt to only make rear of the x sealed so I didn't have more to seal later.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the overall look. It's cool someone decided not to total the truck. It is weird that they would pay you to fab the whole cage and not go the extra mile to attach it to the frame.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SlcPunk74
Say whatever you want but money is money and I have stressed many times I don't like it.
What you say verbally to the customer is completely irrelavant in court if someone is maimed or killed because that tube punches through the wing and their head is crushed.
Handle it the way you want, I'm just saying if it were me I'd cover my ***.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
They don't attach to the wing on a defender, they go through it to the frame. Just a rubber seal around it on top of the wing.
Yes that is what i meant. They go through the wing and mount to the frame. I saw it on that 95 D90.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:42 AM
4wd Low

What you say verbally to the customer is completely irrelavant in court if someone is maimed or killed because that tube punches through the wing and their head is crushed.
Handle it the way you want, I'm just saying if it were me I'd cover my ***.
What are you my dad? My long lost brother? No? Well then get off my ***. Look we all know you work on land rovers and are most likely having a god complex but just chill. I have a liability document that he will sign when he delivers payment. Im not looking for criticsm or a pat on the back I threw the pics on here to show what I have done and maybe give others ideas.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:46 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by lipadj46
I like the overall look. It's cool someone decided not to total the truck. It is weird that they would pay you to fab the whole cage and not go the extra mile to attach it to the frame.

The guy will probably never even take it off road. I had a cage sketched up that looked like a desert truck cage so he could have rolled it going 50 and been ok but really he said I want it to look like this and here we stand.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SlcPunk74
I threw the pics on here to show what I have done and maybe give others ideas.
You nailed it right there. So when were you planning on telling people that the attachment point on the wing is a really bad idea? Why would you knowingly post a bad design without a warning?
Considering how defensive you are, I suspect you'd have never said "don't do this", if someone hadn't pointed out that it's a stupid way to do it.
People see "cool" but very poor designs on the net, then copy them.
At least now someone seeing it might read the whole thread and have second thoughts about copying it.

And FWIW, I'm not being critical of you doing it. Well, not after you said you told him it was a bad idea. But I have no idea who you are or your experience, and you never said you were having him sign a release of liability. All you said was "I told him...". Which is worthless when push comes to shove.

By the way, you don't have to take a truck off-road to roll it. Highway use of such a mount point is much more dangerous since a roll would likely be at higher speed and possibly with other vehicles involved.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 PM
4wd Low

You nailed it right there. So when were you planning on telling people that the attachment point on the wing is a really bad idea? Why would you knowingly post a bad design without a warning?
Considering how defensive you are, I suspect you'd have never said "don't do this", if someone hadn't pointed out that it's a stupid way to do it.
People see "cool" but very poor designs on the net, then copy them.
At least now someone seeing it might read the whole thread and have second thoughts about copying it.

And FWIW, I'm not being critical of you doing it. Well, not after you said you told him it was a bad idea. But I have no idea who you are or your experience, and you never said you were having him sign a release of liability. All you said was "I told him...". Which is worthless when push comes to shove.

By the way, you don't have to take a truck off-road to roll it. Highway use of such a mount point is much more dangerous since a roll would likely be at higher speed and possibly with other vehicles involved.
Wow you are a serious tool...

Anyway so yeah the disco is done so unless I get another one to work on then well **** off.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i like the look. please try to post pics of it painted.

Quick Reply: Discovery Buildup