Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery G4?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 06:38 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discovery G4?

I am about to purchase a 2004 Discovery (105,000 miles). The dealer is advertising it as a G4 edition. However, I don't see any indication on the car that it is in fact a G4.

How could I determine for certain whether it is in fact a G4 or not? I'm assuming that it's just a regular S, but I'm wondering how I could verify that.

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try G4 owners club. I think it would have a badge or plaque some where besides the obvious orange paint and decals.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Hi

There were a limited number made. If you send the club the details and the chassis number they will confirm the provenance. Beware, there were many unintentional 'fake' lookalikes converted from standard Landrovers.

G4 Owners Club - Homepage

Old 02-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Ermmm...if it's bright freaking orange that'll be a good giveaway.

Also 6 spoke 16" alloy wheels.

Oh and again, bright freaking orange.

There are G4 "challenge" trucks(which it will not be one of those) and then there are G4 edition trucks, which it probably is.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:55 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto

There are G4 "challenge" trucks(which it will not be one of those) and then there are G4 edition trucks, which it probably is.
What exactly is the difference between G4 and G4 challenge trucks?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto

Errrr, so what's wrong with with bright orange, it looks OK on..........eerrrrr................oranges........ ..............or girlies wearing false sun tan lotions..................Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://img.thesun.co.uk/aidemitlum/archive/01552/tan-532_1552019a.jpg

Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fce282a6bb3f78d0e000000/fake-tan-lotions-could-put-your-health-at-risk.jpg

Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/43/Ambersweet_oranges.jpg

Old 02-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
What exactly is the difference between G4 and G4 challenge trucks?
G4 challenge trucks are the ones used in the G4, the G4s everyone sees are the replicas that were sold to the general public.

There are a lot of little differences with the actual trucks, all is listed on that site mentioned earlier.

Old 02-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

"Errrr, so what's wrong with with bright orange, it looks OK on..........eerrrrr................oranges........ ..............or girlies wearing false sun tan lotions.."
yes, and speaker of the U.S.A. House of Rep., Bohner, thinks it looks good on him (it must be some sort of spray on tanning dye--LOL) And, on a Rover, at least everyone, even fall down drunks (no, I don't have Bohner in mind, though he does, obviously, drink way too much), should be able to see you coming.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by earlyrover
"Errrr, so what's wrong with with bright orange, it looks OK on..........eerrrrr................oranges........ ..............or girlies wearing false sun tan lotions.."
yes, and speaker of the U.S.A. House of Rep., Bohner, thinks it looks good on him (it must be some sort of spray on tanning dye--LOL) And, on a Rover, at least everyone, even fall down drunks (no, I don't have Bohner in mind, though he does, obviously, drink way too much), should be able to see you coming.
Yep, you're right there, a bit like some in Range Rovers, if you don't see the Range Rover coming, although it's hard to miss, you certainly notice the inflated 'air bags', or should I say, 'silicon bags'.

Katie Price puts pink Range Rover up for sale for £70,000 | Mail Online