Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery II HK Rear Passenger Tweeter

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013 | 07:17 AM
|
2nd Gear
Default Discovery II HK Rear Passenger Tweeter

Hello all,

I have recently purchased a 2000 Discovery II and everything about the audio system works well except on the right back passenger door. The tweet does not make any sound. I replaced the speaker just to make sure and still no sound. So I figure it is a connection issue. I have been told that this connection could be a crossover and could connect down to the main speaker at the bottom of the door. Is this where I should check to make sure a wire has not broken or come loose? What else could possibly be the issue. I do not think it could be the amp or head unit because sound comes out of all the other speakers fine. Thanks in advance!

Old 07-24-2013 | 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

You will find the RAVE (factory manual set) a great resource. It has circuits diagrams (in color for the D2) with wire colors, pin outs, connector locations, how to take trim apart, etc. Here's a page that shows one verison of the wiring, the basic model does not have the tweeters on the rear.

Door panels are made with structural foam plastic. Remove gently with plastic upholstery tools (auto parts store) or fasteners tear out.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 high line rear speakers.pdf (97.3 KB, 704 views)
Old 07-24-2013 | 10:06 AM
|
2nd Gear
Default Thanks

Thank you Savannah Buzz. From the Diagram it looks like the tweeter/high range speaker connects to the low range on the rear passenger doors. That is a relief because I did not want to have to follow the wires all through the vehicle. I have already taken the panel off the door, it was fairly easy. So I'll take another look and see if the speaker wire is damaged or something at the lower speaker at the door. Thanks again.