Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery II suspention question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005 | 08:54 PM
|
4th Gear
Default Discovery II suspention question

Greetings
I just had a question concerning a 99 Disc II. I have had the vehicle for 2 yrs + with no problems. Lately though i have noticed that whenever the car is parked, it lowers itself in the rear. At times it will do it while i am driving. was wondering if this is something to be concerned about, unfortunately there are no LR dealerships near my home. The nearest dealership is approximately 6 hrs away. Thank you in advance for any assistance, knowledge you can share
Bas

Old 05-01-2005 | 04:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Discovery II suspention question

im no expert, but it sounds like your having airbag problems. i woudl recomend saving yourself a lot of time (and asprin) and swap thgem out for conventional springs. they're somewhere at www.roversnorth.com

Old 05-01-2005 | 11:41 PM

Yep,sounds like your air bladders are leaking.This is a pretty common problem with Discoverys and the quickest and cheapest way to fix it is to remove the air ride setup and replace with coil springs.When I was shopping for my Discovery,I actually settled for a 5 pass with springs just to avoid the air bladder setup that comes on the 7 pass.(I got tipped off ahead of time by a LR Tech). From what I hear the swap is pretty simple and inexpensive.

Old 05-02-2005 | 03:07 AM
|
4th Gear

Thank you
i will look into it, i guess now i know were that hissing sound is coming from -). hehe
I appreciate your quick response.

Old 05-02-2005 | 04:50 PM
4wd Low

if it goes out while driving, parked, etc...it could also be your ECU Slabs

Old 06-21-2005 | 11:21 PM

I had the same problem with my suspension. I wanted to maintain all of
the factory functionality so I did not want to switch to coil spring suspension.
I found a great company out of Cape Canaveral Florida that sell replacement
bags http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...ies_yid48.html

And by the way...they have a lifetime warranty! I had the first of the two rear bags
replaced at the dealer at a cost of $500 cdn plus install. When the second bag started
leaking, I started looking around and found these guys. Their price with duty, tax, and
shipping to Canada was less than half! The factory bags only come with a 1 year warranty.

I hope this helps

Best Regards,
Tom

Old 06-23-2005 | 12:52 AM
Winching

I second Tom's source in FL. They produce bellows that are superior to OEM and less $. They can be a little tricky to install. All the bellows are the same except for the D2 rear SLS bags.

Old 06-23-2005 | 02:44 AM
Rock Crawling

out of curiosity (and while we're on the subject) han you get lifted bags?

Old 09-06-2005 | 12:37 AM
4wd Low

ORIGINAL: Bene

im no expert, but it sounds like your having airbag problems. i woudl recomend saving yourself a lot of time (and asprin) and swap thgem out for conventional springs. they're somewhere at www.roversnorth.com
does anyone know any less expensive ways to convert the rear suspension to this type of set-up?
i'll probably end up just buying replacment bags from the link Tom gave...Thanks, Tom!

are the rear bags easy to replace? does arnott industries send installation instructions or is there a how-to somewhere?

Old 09-06-2005 | 05:38 PM
4wd Low

My cousin found a site that sells both the conversion kits and replacement parts for the air suspension system and has better prices than the 2 sites listed above:
http://www.strutmasters.com/land-rover/index.htm

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) w/these guys?

Quick Reply: Discovery II suspention question