Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discovery radiator dimensions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

hmmm... I doubt that those who work at Palmdale had much to do with Rover design.

Interesting point on the AC on AND high head pressure logic for fan; so indeed a low charge would help cook the engine even more. Combine that with "not so great" instruments, and low coolant - steam pocket around the ECT, and you have your own BBQ cookoff.

Attached Thumbnails Discovery radiator dimensions?-p1130185.jpg  

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 07-24-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:04 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 30 page PDF, cooling system leaks, Blackbird, and Skunk Works

Nice Lockheed logo , S. Buzz. I don't know, though. I've come to realize that you never know where the influence for design comes from, unless you talk to its source. We'd have to talk to Kelly Johnson, the Mech E who headed Lockheed Martin's Skunk Works at the time the Blackbird design was submitted to US Army Air Force. Maybe engineers on the Skunk Works team had British colleagues or college friends that worked for Land Rover ? Haha. I think that the SR-71's frame was developed around the most powerful jet engine that the Allies had access to at the time, the British Goblin; hence a British link! So, who knows for sure where the premise that "leaks can be good" originated?

I'm sorry to say that I haven't yet been to Palmdale. In 2005, I took my son to see the Blackbird in VA; we took a shuttle from the D.C. Air and Space Museum to the Boeing Aviation Hangar. All we could say was, "Wow!" I never had to remind my son to do his Math homework ever again !

I'm still looking into my P0430 trouble code. I had a discussion with a mechanic who thinks I might be on the right track with an ECT sensor problem, but I haven't had time to bring my Dscvry there. Still thinking about it. My Dscvry is like a baby to me, and I try to be cautious where I take it for service . I'll post updates on that thread when I get more info on diagnosis of code P0430.

Maybe I should drive my Dscvry to Lockheed Martin, and ask if any Skunk/Skonk workers want to service it as a hobby? Maybe it just needs a little "skonk oil" ?