Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have ACE

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I have ACE

fine look under the rear end, if you see airbags, you have it; if not you don't, if you find a compressor under the hood, u have it; if u dont see it, u don't; look anywhere under the car for an air tank, u have one, u have it; if not, u don't

Old 03-26-2006, 05:19 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fine? It was simple question. You didn't HAVE to answer it. Sheeeesh. But in the end...Thanks for the info.

Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Mudding

i try to be helpful so i figured list every possible answer, sorry if i came up a bit short during it, i was watching the race

Old 03-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Overlanding

I may be wrong here, but I thought you could tell by looking at the power steering reservoir. If it has two chambers in it (that is two fill caps) then you have the ACE system. If not, then you don't. My 2001 DII does not have this system, I believe it was optional.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:02 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: east302

I may be wrong here, but I thought you could tell by looking at the power steering reservoir. If it has two chambers in it (that is two fill caps) then you have the ACE system. If not, then you don't. My 2001 DII does not have this system, I believe it was optional.
Correct. I found it yesterday evening. It actually has a picture of a car tilting with arrows. I'll take a pic tonight and post it so others can see.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:54 PM
Overlanding

You mentioned that you don't have an owner's manual...I've seen several available on ebay for around $20, might be worth checking out. There's also a shop manual on CD for around $5 that is quite useful. It includes the owner's book in pdf format.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: east302

You mentioned that you don't have an owner's manual...I've seen several available on ebay for around $20, might be worth checking out. There's also a shop manual on CD for around $5 that is quite useful. It includes the owner's book in pdf format.

Rave CD is already on it's way. I'm watching a few auctions for the Manual. Some of the buy it nows are like $70. Eff that. It's a new toy and it's hard for me not to tinker whilst waiting for the directions

Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Mudding

I got a guy in Australia to mail me the RAVE disc its awesome. it has the testbook software too

Old 03-27-2006, 08:42 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: JRdisco1

I got a guy in Australia to mail me the RAVE disc its awesome. it has the testbook software too
Cool...the guy I bought it from is out of Australia. What do you need to connect to the truck? Getting and clearing my own codes would be saweeeet.

Old 03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Mudding

not really sure prolly a special cable to hook laptop to obd2 port? I havent tried the testbook yet. i bought a diagnostic machine from atlantic britsh for a bill twenty it clears the CEL. but really do they ever go off? mine stays on all the friggin time. I forgot same guy sent electronic parts catalog on disc suppossed to be good for findin exact names of parts once you figure out the root of your troubles. if this interests you and you dont mind given me your address I will send it to ya. (or anybody else) I have offered it to a couple of people but they were sketched out when I asked for their address.

Quick Reply: Do I have ACE