Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I have ACE

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:34 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do I have ACE

I`m looking for a copy of the testbook software, ans it seems that you got one.
Could you make me a copy of the soft or post it somewhere?

Thanks

Manel

Old 10-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Do I have ACE?

Here is a complete thread from my discussion forum at www.eurotekapg.com relating to ACE, with some ABS modulator infor that also became embedded.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Geoman

tester
0 post
Jun 7, 2006
2:32 PM How do I know if my Discovery has ACE?
sacbob

1 post
Jul 22, 2006
8:09 AM Normally from what I know it only came with the 18" inch tires. There'a a pump somewhere that activates it. Sorry if not more help.
Bob

geoman

1 post
Jul 26, 2006
1:58 PM If you have ACE there will be another hydraulic pump mounted next to the power steering pump on the top/front of the engine. This pump will have the manufacturers name of "BarLuk" on the back of it with a part number of ANR6502. At least-- this is how my Disco II is equipped. Hope this helps.
Mark
0 post
Aug 7, 2006
10:52 AM Can ACE be removed and regular sway bars installed?

geoman

3 post s
Aug 7, 2006
1:20 PM Not easily done. And--it would be very expensive. You would have to remove the ACE pump, replace the serpentine belt system with parts from a non-ACE vehicle. Then the ECU would throw warning lights after the fault codes were created from a detected system failure-- which means re-programming, and there would be the cost of sway bars, end links, and bracketry.
Modoherty

1 post
Oct 9, 2006
5:38 PM I have a 99 Disco II and sometimes the passenger rear suspension goes down when sitting over night but not all the time. Any suggestions?.

geoman

11 post s
Oct 9, 2006
11:00 PM Two possibilities. The first would be the ride-height sensor that is losing its calibration. The second is that the air-spring on that side is starting to develop a slight leak. The air-springs fitted from the factory seem to have a life of between 60-80K miles. IF you do not have any warning lamps coming on, then the compressor is okay. By the way, the Disco II pump is located under the vehicle towards the rear, and does not like submerged conditions like river or stream crossings.
You have to find someone with a Autologic scanner (or equiv) to pull the codes related to the air suspension. If the problem occurs often enough the computer stores a fault code. This helps with the diagnostic process.

Regards,
Geoman
P.S. Please consider us for your parts needs in the future.

daryl
0 post
Oct 12, 2006
2:21 PM hi there, have just been told about this site by someone in the autologic chatroom.
i have a disco2 2004 model with an intermittent abs fault
autologic refers to shuttle valve electrical failure
ihave replaced the shuttlve valve switches as they are now available but the warning lights have come on again with the same fault on autologic.i have the landrover bulletin for this problem which exsplains the way to fix this problem. it tells me i have to check some earth points and resistance at certain pins and if all this is ok i must replace the modulator,but im a bit concerned because the modulator here in uk is £1105 + vat and customer wont be happy if after changing the mod the fault comes back again.
any suggestions, thanx daryl

geoman

12 post s
Oct 13, 2006
11:32 AM Daryl,
The diagnostic procedure you mention is the proper method to determine if there is other internal problems with the modulator. What many do not realize is that contamination leading to failure in this component can also be caused by a technician doing a simple brake pad replacement. If you do not "crack" the bleed screws with a hose attached that is submersed in brake fluid when you push the pistons back to allow insertion of the new pads, the sediment in the calipers is pushed back up into the modulator, and can cause all sorts of problems---and then throwing Codes. It is unfortunate that your situation looks like the modulator has to be replaced. We have fitted used ones, but try to find one with the latest revision part number you are able to find (as Land Rover did make some improvements to the item along the way). Land Rover does not recommend ever fitting a used ABS component, but sometimes the economics of the situation dictate that this is the only acceptable option. Of course from a liability perspective, I have to state that you alone have to make that decision.

Best regards,
Geoman

Old 10-28-2006, 04:50 PM
7th Gear

I have ace in my '99
It is active cornering enhancement

It has nothing to do with whether or not you have air suspension.

If you have it you will have the following:

The truck would have come with 18" pro-line wheels
You would have dual power steering reservoirs (the reservoir is located directly behind the air intake box where your air filter is)
When you are standing in front of the car looking under the hood. It is located on the right side. The reservoir is yellowish in color. If it has one cap, you don't have ACE. If it has two caps, then you do.
Also, under the car, on the passenger side, there will be a large aluminum block with large diameter "brake lines" runnning in and out of it. This is the ACE valve body. It is attached to the main frame of the car.

Hope this helps

Old 10-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Mudding

Isn't the hydraulic ram attached to the end of the sway bar in the front passenger (US) wheel well also unique to ACE equipped vehicles? This is easy to see on any vehicle without even opening the hood.

Old 10-28-2006, 07:52 PM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

ORIGINAL: Elhoff

Isn't the hydraulic ram attached to the end of the sway bar in the front passenger (US) wheel well also unique to ACE equipped vehicles? This is easy to see on any vehicle without even opening the hood.
There is a ram attached to both the front and rear sway bars.
Mike

Old 11-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Rock Crawling

ACE = Active Cornering Enhancement. it comes as standard with any disco fitted with SLS.
it basicaly corrects any body roll and can prevent a vehicle roll over.
compared to a disco without ACE there is hardly any body roll at all with a ACE fitted disco

Old 11-13-2006, 06:25 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Randy Lover

ACE = Active Cornering Enhancement. it comes as standard with any disco fitted with SLS.
Nope - seperate options at least up to the 2001 model year.

Simon

Old 11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read this thread on my site that pertains to ACE ---http://www.eurotekapg.com/board/board_topic/3434537/166873.htm

Not all Disco II models were equipped. If you have the system, the power steering and ACE share a common fluid reservoir. There is a internal "divider" in the reservoir that keeps the fluids seperate. The fluid is unique, and the easiest place to buy it is a dealer. Do not use generic power steering fluid.

regards,
Geoman

Old 11-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Administrator
Received 101 Likes on 83 Posts

ORIGINAL: geoman

Read this thread on my site that pertains to ACE ---http://www.eurotekapg.com/board/board_topic/3434537/166873.htm

Not all Disco II models were equipped. If you have the system, the power steering and ACE share a common fluid reservoir. There is a internal "divider" in the reservoir that keeps the fluids seperate. The fluid is unique, and the easiest place to buy it is a dealer. Do not use generic power steering fluid.

regards,
Geoman
Not to rain on your parade, but I have been using Vavlines synthetic power steering fluid and Lucas power steering additive for over 65.000 miles and it works great. Rover just likes to sell their product,for a lot more money and there is no real difference.
Do change it every 20,000 miles if you drive the truck hard cause ACE can really burn the fluid because of the pressure it works at.
Mike