Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do I jump on it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:59 PM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Do I jump on it?

Welcome to the JUNGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: Landzu

Welcome to the JUNGLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Am I gonna die?

Old 08-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to try to order my parts (u-joint and ball kit). Is it something that someone wouldn't need to use the manual to repair? My SO wants the manual first before we start to try to fix it.

I downloaded the Rave cd. Haven't tried opening it after all the posts I read about downloading it to a cd first. Can I use a DVD instead? I can find one of those here at work, we don't have any blank cds though...

Old 08-20-2008, 04:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Yes, you can burn to a cd or dvd, but you must load the .iso file into a program such as Alcohol 120% first. This is the step most people get confused about. The .iso is called an "image file". It's a single file that contains all of the individual files of the RAVE manual. Alcohol will mount a virtual drive, which will show up as a new drive letter in Windows explorer, which I set to V: (for virtual). Once you mount the image file to the virtual drive you will be able to browse as if you had the original RAVE cd. These files are what you want to burn to cd or dvd, not the .iso file.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:51 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

www.atlanticbritish.com has all the parts you could need for your trk as well as tech tips.
And dont rush to name her, wait for her personallity to come out, it took me almost a year, and once you give her a name you cant change it, its bad luck.
But you get a Mulligan because you were excited.

Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 PM
Mudding

So this is probably really obvious...but considering I know nothing about cars except where the key goes and where the gas goes, which section of the manual would show the frontdriveshaft? The Front axle section?
For those of you that have the manual, which chapters do you recommend I print?
I'm printing all the basic stuff right now (on the work computer...snicker...) in the first 100 pages or so...but I'm not recognizing (which is no surprise) what pages I should focus on.

I want to make sure I have what I need so I don't have to come back up here to work when my SO tells me I don't have the right pages

Old 08-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I do not know which pages you should print, but you are looking for the front driveshaft.
So I guess just look in the index for that.

Old 08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Winching

There is a Find command .. like a Search engine.. its the "Binoclulars." Type what your looking for in that.. goodluck

Old 08-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Mudding

Thanks! I'm not used to this version of Adobe...
I cannot believe how excited I am to get under the hood and get dirty. I have never taken an interest in vehicles...sure makes a difference when you pick it out yourself and you make the payments.

I have been exploring LR stuff all day...even though I should have been working...
I found an LR club in Arizona...as soon as I get my Discovery "off road ready" (it is waaay too street friendly because of the previous owner, she took off the original tires and added running boards, among other things)...and I would really like to eventually turn it into a "tank" (skid plate, metal instead of whatever plastic the bumpers are made out of...etc.). I plan on having it forever! And if I ever have to get outta dodge, I know I can pack all my stuff in it and take off...FREEDOM!

Old 08-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Winching

I cannot believe how excited I am to get under the hood and get dirty.
Those are magical words coming from a woman!

Quick Reply: Do I jump on it?