Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have a Blackbox Faultmate MSV-2?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 04:27 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a Blackbox Faultmate MSV-2?

Too Long, Didn't Read Version:
I want screenshots of all the config screens for the Faultmate MSV-2 relating to a Discovery 2. I want any other *good* information anyone has about the capabilities of this system or other systems that I can get my hands on.

The long version:
Hi all. I'm shopping for my next project vehicle and I'd like to make it a 2004 Discovery. Before getting myself into one, I'd like to find out what kinds of options are available from the computer diagnostic and modification end. The question I'm trying to answer is "what does it take to do an engine swap in a Discovery 2?"

To answer this question, I'd like to find out what kinds of software options I can change using a Faultmate. If anyone has one, I would appreciate it if you could respond to this post. I'm hoping to get screenshots of all of the configuration options so I can find out what I can change. I'd also like to find out if anybody knows whether or not I can instruct the BCU to function without the stock ECU. For example, is there a way to turn off the BCU check for the ECU if I want to instead run a Toyota engine and EFI computer? Alternatively, can I change enough configuration options in the ECU to allow it to run a different engine? Could I make the transmission computer work with aftermarket EFI or would I need to run the standalone TCU from Ashcroft? Does anyone have links explaining how the Merc diesel conversions were done, particularly focusing on the electronics?

Thanks for any responses.

-Eamon

Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I don't think the BCU cares too much if the ECM is there, I think it's the other way around.