Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door locks unlock themselves / Cd replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 12:15 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door locks unlock themselves / Cd replacement

I have a 97 Disco and when i hit the lock button on my key fob all of the doors will lock then they will all unlock but the alarm is still armed. I have noticed i can lock all of the doors except the drivers door. When i lock the drivers door it will unlock it self and cause all of the others to unlock.. Any ideas what may be causing this or what i may need to replace?

Also, My rear outside door handle is frozen and i have to climb into the back seat to open thetback door. How can i go about taking the back handle off so i can grease it and try to get it unfroze. I havent looked really hard but i know there is that black plastic piece that is covering it and will need to be removed. Whats the easiest way to go about this?

Ok and my last thing is that i am wanting to replace my factory head unit and i ordered the connecters from crutchfield but when i got them in and went to go attach them to the factory wires there is one set of wires left over and then there are the 3 large black wires im assuming for SUB/ Main/ antenna.... Anyone know of a step by step or of a diagram anywhere i can read or learn what i need to do ? I took it to bestbuy since its free installation on any unit 100$ and over and the kid was confused and had never seen a landrover and said hed take it somewhere else.. The only thing is that most places want at least $80 for install around here and i am pretty wire savy so id rather try to learn to do it myself if possible...

Thanks for all your guys's help
Josh