Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's side door not staying locked

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 10:49 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's side door not staying locked

Hey guys, so I have a similar problem to a lot of other people I have seen on here. My driver's side door (LH) is stuck unlocked, and I cannot get it to stay locked. It seems like the solution for most people is to just buy a new actuator, but I want to double check that I cannot fix it myself first. When holding the actuator in my hand, I can feel it unlocking when I press the central lock button, but when I lock it I cannot hear or feel anything in the actuator. Additionally, I have been messing with it and manually pushing and pulling the levers to lock and unlock the actuator. No matter how I lock it (key or pushing down lock lever), I can still open it using the exterior handle lever.

Based on what I have read on here, I am assuming the central locking is not working because the motor inside the actuator responsible for locking needs to be replaced, right? As for not being able to manually stay locked, what is causing that issue? Is there a weak spring or something misaligned in the actuator?

Thanks.