Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Side Door Stuck Closed with Broken Lock

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:43 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Side Door Stuck Closed with Broken Lock

My drivers side door is stuck closed and has a Broken lock so the key wont unlock it from the outside, also it wont start but the superlock is engaged. Does anyone know how to get the door open or unlocked in some way so I can fix it? The drivers side door lock doesnt even rotate if I put the key in and it wont open from the inside any advice how to get it open? I already called a locksmith but he had no luck he just said that my actuator was busted and he had no idea how to fix it with the door closed. He tried using a "slim jim" on it but had no luck then he said he could not help me and left. Does anyone have any advice or help for me? I have been borrowing cars and hitching rides for about a week or so. HELP!!!

Old 03-15-2019, 02:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

You are going to need to remove the inner door panel and access the door lock mechanism in there. It can be done with the door closed, but it is not simple.

I'm sure someone who has dealt with it more recently will chime in soon.

Fix your door locks and remote locks, people!!!

Old 03-16-2019, 04:15 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,189 Likes on 850 Posts

Lube the living-daylights out of the key lock in the door handle, spraying WD40 into the key recess. Keep trying to turn the lock with the key, working it back and forth gently. Eventually, it should start moving. Just be patient and keep lubing it. You can also remove the outer window glass trim piece (lower section), by gently prying it upward with a puddy knife, just be careful not to scratch the paint, use masking tape if you have too along edge of lower trim piece. Once removed, it will allow you to spray down the locking mechanism inside the door.

Brian.