Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drunk driver took out my other car with pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drunk driver took out my other car with pics

Last night we were watching t.v. and heard a loud noise. I went outside to find my neighbor saying that his car was hit. He drove a newer Infinity SUV and he had it sitting on the side of the road. I also had a car parked on the street about 100 feet in front of where he was parked. I checked my car and the driver side was sideswiped back to front. We found the drivers truck about a half block away with people around it. It turned out that this chick was drunk. After looking all around it looked like she hit the neighbors SUV which caused her tire to fall off making her sideswipe my car and then finally stoped a few hundred feet after that. The cops said that she had insurance so hopefully everything will work out. The whole side of the car is thrashed. It also busted my front rim which probably did alot of damage to the steering. Do you guys think that it is repairable or if I should try to say that it will never be the same again and try to get it totaled.?

Attached Thumbnails Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-001.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-002.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-003.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-004.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Mudding

I almost forgot, my car is a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 with about 50,000 miles on it. Here are some pics of the Ranger.

Attached Thumbnails Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-005.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-006.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-007.jpg   Drunk driver took out my other car with pics-car-accident-008.jpg  
Old 10-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Man that sucks.
Hard to believe that side swiping another car would rip off your wheel snapping the axle and all.
I am pretty sure a Rover would have climbed over your Nissan.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see that happen.Be thankful it wasnt ure disco! I would say that one is a total.Looks like a lot of damage.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a chance it may be totaled, but probably not.
Here is what the insurance company will require the body shop to do. If parts are available and they should be since its an Altima, will be to order fender, hood, both doors and the rear quarter panel from a recycler. This is a routine fix that is not difficult for a good body shop and with recycled parts you will still have oem for the sheet metal. The rear bumper could also be from a recycler or aftermarket. The wheel may be a problem, do you know where they came from?

Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

man, you'd have to be pretty ****ing drunk to do that.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:58 AM
Mudding

You could tell that she was hammered when she tried to do the field sobriety test and almost fell into the bushes. This was also with her hands up which anyone that has been through one would know that it isn't allowed. I will not allow any bulls**t part to be put on my car when it is pretty much new. They will have to replace all the panels with new parts or I won't accept it. As for the rims I do know where they came from but I would also like to know what that would do to my handling? Obviously with a hit like this the whole ride of the car would be affected. The insurance adjuster will be coming withing 2 days and we will find out what the extent of the damage is. I will not let them get away with smashing my car and trying to put junkyard parts on after they total it. It is a clear and cut case of careless driving while being intoxicated. I love my car but I will not accept it back unless it is as good as it was.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i think that might be totaled as well. there is a nice amount of body damage and if you say the axle is bent who knows what else mechanically is destroyed. i would take the money and deck out your D2!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will never be as good as it was. Getting wrecked tweaks the entire car and loosens joints, and screws, bolts etc..... sad, but that's the way it is...