Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dum Kauff Award...I'm the 1st recipient

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Dum Kauff Award...I'm the 1st recipient

So, just for grins, thought I'd share why I should get this award.

A while back, I posted on the forum about a squeeking/chirping noise coming from the belly of my '03 disco. A good many you replied with some great suggestions....from S belt needing replaced to front wheel bearings. However, still had the squeeking/chirping sound when the S belt was replaced as with some tensioners and pulleys. Bearings were A-ok.

So what was the deal? What created the chirping/squeeking sound. So, here's why I should get the dum kauff award......

NO GREASE IN MY FRONT PROP SHAFT, MAINLY IN THE CARDON JOINT, WHERE THE CENTERING BALL IS.

Ok....Applause now....let 'em rip boys....yea....really dumb-head (Dum Kauff) move on my end. Had my LR mechanic remove the front prop and grease everything up....said the centering ball was empty, but every other zerk fitting was nice...little grease needed.

Been meaning to post this a few months back when I first found out what was wrong, but just didn't carve out the time to do so.

Anyhow, thought I'd be the 1st recipient for the Dum Kauff award. Anyone care to take the award from me?

Old 04-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

at least you caught it, before it caught you.

don't feel too bad. i get the shiza kauf award on a quarterly basis.
most recently, I searched and destroyed a power steering leak........found leak, replaced some hoses, installed a new ace and ps reservoir.............. then filled that baby up with brake fluid!

Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The word is dummkopf. Don't know what a dumm kauff is. Which I suppose just reiterates what a dummkopf you are

Old 04-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by gbob
So, just for grins, thought I'd share why I should get this award.

A while back, I posted on the forum about a squeeking/chirping noise coming from the belly of my '03 disco. A good many you replied with some great suggestions....from S belt needing replaced to front wheel bearings. However, still had the squeeking/chirping sound when the S belt was replaced as with some tensioners and pulleys. Bearings were A-ok.

So what was the deal? What created the chirping/squeeking sound. So, here's why I should get the dum kauff award......

NO GREASE IN MY FRONT PROP SHAFT, MAINLY IN THE CARDON JOINT, WHERE THE CENTERING BALL IS.

Ok....Applause now....let 'em rip boys....yea....really dumb-head (Dum Kauff) move on my end. Had my LR mechanic remove the front prop and grease everything up....said the centering ball was empty, but every other zerk fitting was nice...little grease needed.

Been meaning to post this a few months back when I first found out what was wrong, but just didn't carve out the time to do so.

Anyhow, thought I'd be the 1st recipient for the Dum Kauff award. Anyone care to take the award from me?

I feel like we talked about this, right? I can't find any email about it, but I thought I remember this.. I feel like you told me you got one from BP utah and the front end was chirping. Did you call me or email?

Last edited by ZGPhoto; 04-02-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had this nailed halfway through the 2nd sentence. I've been absent for a long time from this forum,(the reason is 5'8" and Blonde lol) but I find it hard to believe that you came on here and mentioned chirping sounds from the belly of the truck and NOBODY advised you about the ever so common propshaft problems on the DII! You guys been slackin' while I was gone? I gotta straighten y'all out? lol

Last edited by kfx4001442; 04-02-2014 at 11:27 PM.