Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical connector on self leveling suspension sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 06:01 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm dealing with this same issue in MA. I have a 2004 DII that some times raises / falls and some times not.

Drowssap: you make a great point about the compressor overheating and shutting off. Repeated attempts at shutting off and restarting once the rear dropped didn't work. Until, of course, I was waiting in the car and reading these posts while my wife was getting groceries. When she came back, turned on and pumped right up, including the off-road height. But, 5 minutes down the road and it dropped again.

The dealer said I had some leaks in the bags but I couldn't understand how when I leave it over night some times it drops and others it does not.

Can anyone lend some logic for this one?

Old 11-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

folds in bags are where cracks form, temperature will make them good/bad.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Overlanding

Back to the top...can anyone add some insight to the described problems? In my case, it is only 1 side that deflates, and only does so when parked. Sounds like a leak, other than how it only does it some of the time. Can anyone show me a tire with a leak that only goes flat once in a while after being filled up? I don't think so...

Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 AM
2nd Gear
Default Definitely the bags

UPDATE: my problem is solved by replacing the bags. Like a few others have posted, the cracks in the bags are in the folds. Sometimes the cracks are exposed and the air leaks out. Other times, not.

I had the same problems that everyone here is talking about: irregular deflating and only on one side. Since the bags got replaced: no more problems.

Hope this helps inspire confidence for some of you out there thinking about biting the bullet and replacing your bags.

I got mine from Atlantic British (Land Rover Parts & Rover Accessories From Atlantic British | Discovery, Range Rover, LR3, LR2, Defender, Freelander and Land Rover Series Parts & Accessories) and paid a mechanic 2 hours to replace them both. $550 all in vs. $1,800 quote from the dealer.

Old 11-20-2011, 01:21 AM
Winching

Good to hear that your problem was resolved.

Old 03-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default It can be the connector itself

Hi all.

I performed a height sensor replacement last month only to have the replacement show an intermittent issue as well. After some time looking at the connector and looking at the height reading on a hawkeye diagnostic unit, I have concluded that the connector itself was the issue all along.

One of the wires on the top of the connector had begun to back out, possibly due to several freeze/thaw cycles during the winter when ice got packed into the wheel well. I could press the connector very firmly to get good height readings, but releasing pressure had caused the reading to pin at zero.

I pushed the pin and its associated gasket back into the connector and added some glue. If it doesn't hold I'll replace it.

But check the connector before replacing the sensor.