Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP: Self Leveling Suspension Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HELP: Self Leveling Suspension Problem

After searching this site, and the net, I cannot seem to find any direction or solutions for my troubles...

Yesterday my 2000 Disco's rear suspension went completely flat. Compressor will not cut in at all.

I removed the compressor unit and bench tested it and is working fine. With the aid of a helper, I went under the vehicle and got my helper to push in the button for the levelling system while I check for power to the connector. No power going to the connector for the compressor.

All fuses checked good, relay and fusible link is good. I noticed that the air valves for both LHS and RHS side seemed to be pulsing(swithcing off and on), I disconnected them and the pulsing noise went away.

To "DUCT Tape" the problem, I made a "T" assembly with a ball valve on one side for the compressor air connection, and the other two after the valve for the supply lines for left and right air bags. With relay removed I can then jumper 12 volts directly to the compressor to inflate the air bags, then when desired hight is reached, disconnect the power and crawl under vehicle and turn the ball valve off to maintain the pressure in the air bag system. There are no leaks so it should be okay.

Now I have to disconnect the alarm speaker in the dash.

I am able to now drive my vehicle. But would like to fix it properly. The closet dealer is 700kms away.

Any ideas or information on this problem would be of great help. I do have the RAVE manual printed off and is a great source for troubleshooting.

Rick