Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

experienced LR owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Easiest Hillbilly way to tell if your car has the potential to be reliable. Walk around to the back and look at the name on it. Does it say Honda or Toyota? If you answered no, I'm sorry, your car can not and will not ever be reliable.

;-p

Last edited by photocrimes; 05-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Otfl.....

Too funny, don't feel bad...you made it out with at least half a whit... You have to remember that there are some who get emotionally attached to these piles and have no sense of humor.... It's a love hate thing..well...i should say a pile most people could not afford new that is...and when the $28,000.00 pile is now only worth $5,000. they forget the parts and labor have only gone up and not devalued down 5 fold... It's funny as i have a few wealthy friends who own LR's, who are amazed i work on my own rig..they tell me they never asked who much at the dealer when there rig needed work...They usally only keep them for 3 to 5 years...hense... If they lasted longer how could LR make any money....

Enjoy your new found free time.... Chris

Last edited by vandev; 05-05-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on guys- Go easy on him....Jaguars are cute...I'm sure his boyfriend will really enjoy it.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

My Rover has just over 202,000 miles on it.
I would drive it around the world as it is right now if someone else paid for my fuel.

If you want a machine that will never break then dont ever start the engine.
Its just a machine man!!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
My Rover has just over 202,000 miles on it.
I would drive it around the world as it is right now if someone else paid for my fuel.

If you want a machine that will never break then dont ever start the engine.
Its just a machine man!!
If I had a nickel for everytime I heard Spike say that...I'd have the sweetest Expedition Rover you ever saw!

Quit braggin Spike! (though I'd do the same with my D1...the D2? Not so much at this point.)

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i reflect spikes sentiment. i handle my cars/bikes/trucks as tools. if its broke i fix it. if i am scared to break it then i will turn my man card in. too many guys here act like women and are always worried about breaking something.

on a day to day basis nothing is unreliable. when something becomes unreliable in my experience, it is solely because the owner/s did not do the little things along the way to keep things reliable. starting the truck on a cold day and shoving the tranny into drive before the engine has fired all 8 cylinders and smashing the gas, using the cheapest gas you can find, and never ever lifting the hood or changing the fluids are all very bad things.

clean the drains, grease the hinges, and lube the parts that need it. pay attention to crap in the sunroof pans. clean the leather and electronics. power wash the chassis. when something breaks, fix it. dont ignore it. do these things along the way and a machine will last 100 years.

a vehicles own worse enemy is its owner. remember that and then decide what kind of owner you are.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

several points.....

1. my LR is NOT broken..it runs just great, i'm just tired of waiting for the next thing to go wrong, every month it is something new

2. i did not buy the LR, it was a gift from the previous owner who hated it as it was a lemon when he bought it.....i fixed every issue it had...and there were many

3. yes my boyfriend is looking forward to riding in the cute jag

4. read all my posts...when did i ever belly ache when something went wrong?....never....i just post the facts of my issue then politely answer

5. read all my posts, i give as much help as i receive, unlike many posting in this thread

6. fat chix are hot

7. i called your baby ugly as none of your posts supplied what my post asked for, in fact y'all did the total opposite

8. the jag v contour argument has been done to death...to the wiseasses i say this....drive one hour in a contour, then drive one hour in an X-type, then you will understand...its called "cross platform" ladies....most auto makers are doing it...google that know it all

9. being a very competent mechanic i have full understanding that all machines break...i do the work on ALL of my friends cars for FREE, and even some strangers

10. i am on 10 vehicle forums, this one provides the least help and the most sarcastic rude comments...if only threads which required help could get this many responses.

11. calling someone a "tard" shows what kind of ugly person inside you are...lucky you have an ugly vehicle to go with it

12. I need no "proof" to get a loan, i just wanted him to see what issues a "luxury" car has after 60k miles, Hondas et al can easily go 200-300k virtualy trouble free. He could not understand why anyone would buy such a car.

13. the best news saved till last, after showing said friend this thread, he was so disgusted.....the loan turned into a gift, so y'all did help after all

Old 05-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iownme
several points.....

1. my LR is NOT broken..it runs just great, i'm just tired of waiting for the next thing to go wrong, every month it is something new

2. i did not buy the LR, it was a gift from the previous owner who hated it as it was a lemon when he bought it.....i fixed every issue it had...and there were many

3. yes my boyfriend is looking forward to riding in the cute jag

4. read all my posts...when did i ever belly ache when something went wrong?....never....i just post the facts of my issue then politely answer

5. read all my posts, i give as much help as i receive, unlike many posting in this thread

6. fat chix are hot

7. i called your baby ugly as none of your posts supplied what my post asked for, in fact y'all did the total opposite

8. the jag v contour argument has been done to death...to the wiseasses i say this....drive one hour in a contour, then drive one hour in an X-type, then you will understand...its called "cross platform" ladies....most auto makers are doing it...google that know it all

9. being a very competent mechanic i have full understanding that all machines break...i do the work on ALL of my friends cars for FREE, and even some strangers

10. i am on 10 vehicle forums, this one provides the least help and the most sarcastic rude comments...if only threads which required help could get this many responses.

11. calling someone a "tard" shows what kind of ugly person inside you are...lucky you have an ugly vehicle to go with it

12. I need no "proof" to get a loan, i just wanted him to see what issues a "luxury" car has after 60k miles, Hondas et al can easily go 200-300k virtualy trouble free. He could not understand why anyone would buy such a car.

13. the best news saved till last, after showing said friend this thread, he was so disgusted.....the loan turned into a gift, so y'all did help after all
Awwww, thats cute. Your friend was so disgusted by people that love their cars he decided to give you the car? Thats believable lol

Old 05-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

See? So we helped afterall! A simple Thank you would suffice...

Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willrok13
See? So we helped afterall! A simple Thank you would suffice...
X2 That is just what I was thinking after reading his last post.

Quick Reply: experienced LR owners