Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Blew Part II...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default after oil change

Originally Posted by lipadj46
looks like coolant mixed with oil
after it started, i drained it as the oil was black black burnt...i then started it again and thats when i got the mixture....The black black oil from when it overheated had no water..it was clean....

Old 07-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default 130k

Originally Posted by lipadj46
How many miles? Your valley gasket look really clean too, mine looked terrible at 100k miles. That is probably the cleanest DII engine I have ever seen. Most are black on the inside, mine was.

yea me too..130k

Old 07-24-2010, 03:59 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, congrats dude. It looks like your engine isn't shot afterall.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default lets see

Originally Posted by tornado_735
Hey, congrats dude. It looks like your engine isn't shot afterall.

will see after a pressure leak test on the block...it could look like a lawn sprinkler for sure...

Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default digging deeper

Well, i finally got the top end of the motor organized so i could go threw it. Heads are dead level...yea...really wierd....It looks like some of the valve oil seats are dislodged....i really dont know about that one but some are up some are down and some are in the middle. the water pump ..well you can see as well as the throttle housing is completly corroded. There was no gasket on the water pump only sealent like a 3 year old would put on. the oil pump and timing cover is caked with oil and dirt so i am going to take off and clean and reseal. the cylinders are still unknown shape wise but there are not scored or pollished smooth. i guess i will pull the sump pan today and check that out. i have a feeling i am going to pull the block as i am already this far ... I am going to also go over my wiring harness as they are also looking pretty getto... If anyone has one of thoes leak pressure testers like that company in california has let me know orther wise i will rent it from them. i really dont have the time to fab one. adventures in LR ownership...

Attached Thumbnails Finally Blew Part II...-engine-11.jpg   Finally Blew Part II...-engine-12.jpg   Finally Blew Part II...-engine-13.jpg   Finally Blew Part II...-engine-14.jpg   Finally Blew Part II...-engine-15.jpg  

Old 07-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default fits

yea, top end fits in a pretty small space if you are thinking of doing your headgasket... Wife is happy it's not all over the garage floor...

Attached Thumbnails Finally Blew Part II...-engine-16.jpg  
Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey vandev that water pump looks like crap. Were you running DexCool? Just curious if that is what ate it up as some people claim it will do just that.

Old 07-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default probably was...

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Hey vandev that water pump looks like crap. Were you running DexCool? Just curious if that is what ate it up as some people claim it will do just that.

It probably was before the fu$ck nut who rebuilt it changed it obviously...as when i bought it it had green ...I was wondering about that when i bought it but didnt think to much of it as it should have sent red flags to my idiot brain....

Old 07-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice calendar btw.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default oh yea...

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Nice calendar btw.

The wife loves it too....Trying to give it the shop look...

Quick Reply: Finally Blew Part II...