Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015 | 07:49 PM
Three Wheeling

I checked the oil when I change it for signs of coolant and none. I don't take my vehicles to lube places for routine service; I don't trust them.
I was loosing coolant at the very beginning when I first bought the thing and on the morning of day two of ownership, I found a crack in the overflow reservoir and replaced the reservoir. SO, whether there was ever a high heat event during previous ownership, is yet to be determined.
The valve cover gaskets are leaking and I just ordered them, along with the head gaskets, etc.
Oh, one more thing-when I checked the air intake filter immediately AFTER I purchased the Disco, it was black. Looked like the SOB had never been changed.
Yeah, I picked a winner.

Old 09-10-2015 | 07:52 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777
I checked the oil when I change it for signs of coolant and none. I don't take my vehicles to lube places for routine service; I don't trust them.
I was loosing coolant at the very beginning when I first bought the thing and on the morning of day two of ownership, I found a crack in the overflow reservoir and replaced the reservoir. SO, whether there was ever a high heat event during previous ownership, is yet to be determined.
The valve cover gaskets are leaking and I just ordered them, along with the head gaskets, etc.
Oh, one more thing-when I checked the air intake filter immediately AFTER I purchased the Disco, it was black. Looked like the SOB had never been changed.
Yeah, I picked a winner.
Hmm. I had a high heat event about 10 months ago and pulled over in Dallas to find a jet of steam at the back of the heads. I was in a suit and late. I filled it with antifreeze and it ran great during the ice storm in Dallas. I actually convinced myself that it miraculously fixed itself. It didn't.

Maybe the previous owner of yours had a secret.

Last edited by Charlie_V; 09-10-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2015 | 07:54 PM
Camel Trophy

If you need any help when you do the head gaskets, pm me and I'll give you my cell number. I'm no expert but I have done it four times now under adverse conditions.

Don't forget the head bolts. They aren't reusable.

Old 09-10-2015 | 07:55 PM
Three Wheeling

Your right. The latter indeed. While looking over the paper work for the title transfer, I noticed that the previous owner was a woman. She did not miss a beat when it came to oil changes and service, according to Carfax. Make me think that she was being worked over hard but then again, she's a grown *** woman and you would think that she would at least have some enough sense to think for herself. The got damned air filter was clogged! WTF? SMH.

Old 09-10-2015 | 08:10 PM
Three Wheeling

I have a shop on my property with hydraulic lifts and all of the tools, metal fabrication equipment that a man can have. Yup, I'm divorced too. She grew up and raised by parents that had a champagne taste to go with their beer wallet and she was 4 times as bad as them two. Fortunately, I nailed her *** having multiple affairs on me after hiring a private investigator. Needless to say, she has nothing nowadays. Many were sorry for me but I was over joyed when her nymphomania got the best of her. I get to raise my daughter the right way without her mind being poisoned by her mother and, everything that I have worked so hard for stays with me and is taken care of. I don't get and nor can I stand the throwaway society; they are all so damn unbecoming in character.

Old 09-10-2015 | 08:14 PM
Three Wheeling

Longview is a good haul from here but if you ever have time to make it down for a spell, there's plenty of hunting, fishing, boats, and a shop to have all of the fun that a man can have. You and a few others thus far have the open invitation. We go out of our way on here to help each other and I have by far reached out for more help than I have given thus far. So, it's my way of showing appreciation.

Old 09-10-2015 | 08:16 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Charlie_V
Hmm. I had a high heat event about 10 months ago and pulled over in Dallas to find a jet of steam at the back of the heads. I was in a suit and late. I filled it with antifreeze and it ran great during the ice storm in Dallas. I actually convinced myself that it miraculously fixed itself. It didn't.

Maybe the previous owner of yours had a secret.
It's hard for me to believe that dumb luck got her threw without one OH incident but stranger things have happened.

Old 09-10-2015 | 08:22 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by LRDISCONEWBIE777
Longview is a good haul from here but if you ever have time to make it down for a spell, there's plenty of hunting, fishing, boats, and a shop to have all of the fun that a man can have. You and a few others thus far have the open invitation. We go out of our way on here to help each other and I have by far reached out for more help than I have given thus far. So, it's my way of showing appreciation.

I used to work in my shop... Three car garage... But my parts and projects ooched me outside. Now it seems repairs only pop up in adverse weather. It's awesome. Not.

Only way I will ever get a deer is to drive up to it and shoot it. That's the closest I've ever gotten... Driving. Sit in a blind? No. Climb a tree? No. Hide in a bush? No. Driving 60 down the highway?.. They step in front of me like they want to take my car. Hence the ARB bumper. Haha. I'd scare all of the wildlife from your area just by being there.

Where in the world are you? I'm on my phone and can't see anything, location wise.

Old 09-10-2015 | 08:35 PM
Three Wheeling

Outside of Hondo, Texas in Medina County. Nah, no blinds for me; I walk hunt. Saltwater fishing is my forte. I hunt for the meat. I don't consume anything from the grocery stores. My daughter and I eat what we grow, catch, and hunt. I grew up in a highly educated but very down to earth and capable family. I don't hold anything against anyone who aren't like me because its a personal choice. My 7 year old does not like the taste of McDonalds. My ex wife could not get it and could not live without McDonalds; she's at least 100 lbs. over weight now. I am blessed with a high income but I live on a tight budget. Now when it comes to my tractors, trucks, equipment, tools, guns, boats-I spend and do what I have to for top of the line operation because they serve a purpose-they give back more than what I spend in them.