Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing Odometer....

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:52 AM
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flashing Odometer....

Here is the story as told by my girlfriend who normally tells it like it is.....
She pulled into a gas station to fill up. Upon restarting she noticed that there were no lights on the transmission shifter at all and it would not shift gears. So she switched off engine for 5 minutes... Then restarted it to find the lights now worked and she could shiftgears.She noticed however that the D in the display panelon the dash had a line through it. She cautiously droveit home. About 50 miles further on theD became normal with no line through itbut the main odometerstarted flashing the mileage.

All i have done so far is to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes - just in case itwas that easy!! but no joy....

Any ideas?

She has a 2001 SII SD 4.0 Discovery with flashing odometer.
I have1999 and 2000SII SE7 - and boy do i have some stories to tell about Discovery disasters such as the time my transmission cooler fractured on the side of the freeway... 900 miles from home. Lucky for me i had a spare Discovery on the trailer from which i could "borrow" a cooler. My advice to anyone with Discoveries is to always take spares with you - in the form of a complete working car on the trailer - it worked for me.
I also have my beloved restored 1978 Lightweight in storage in England that i am hoping to bring over as my daily driver - something i can fix with about 5 different wrenches and some chewing gum.
Dont get me wrong i love these vehicles -always have, always will.

Regards,
Nick