Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flat airbags

Old 07-07-2006, 09:49 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flat airbags

The rear of my 00 Discovery is sitting on the ground and won't raise back up. Lots of lights on the dash. Where should I start?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:42 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: flat airbags

NOBODY?

Old 07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

So has this happened before? Was it driven before it dropped? Have you ever heard it leaking air or see it drop a little after sitting for a day or so?
Have you checked the fuse, is the pump running? Do you try an raise it with the engine running and the drivers door closed?
Get back to me, I have one also.
Mike

Old 07-10-2006, 12:12 PM
5th Gear

It happened while my wife was driving it. While she was at a light she felt the rear end dropping. When she took of it was undrivable. She pulled to the side and called me. i told her to hit the button that raises up the rear end. She tried that a couple of times and finally it raised back to the stock ride hieght. Drove it around for a couple more days and it happened again closer to home. It wouldn't raise up and she got it home that way. I started it the other day and tried to raise it by hitting the button and nothing happened. It is sitting in the driveway looking ike it has about a 4" lowering kit on the rear end.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Most likely the height sensors are acting up, there are two of them attached to the rear trailing arms. Wy to raise the truck, are you doing it with the drivers door closed, that is the only way it will operate.
Most likely, you will haave to take it to a Rover shop that has a "TEST BOOK", so they can reset it.
Mike

Old 07-11-2006, 09:59 AM
5th Gear

I have been trying to raise it with the drivers door closed with no luck. I guess i'll have to take it to the shop. on the other hand, i have been considering getting the springs that replace the airbags all together or the OLD MAN EMU 2" KIT. What do you know about that?

Thanks

TIG
ORIGINAL: Disco Mike

Most likely the height sensors are acting up, there are two of them attached to the rear trailing arms. Wy to raise the truck, are you doing it with the drivers door closed, that is the only way it will operate.
Most likely, you will haave to take it to a Rover shop that has a "TEST BOOK", so they can reset it.
Mike

Old 07-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: freerider712

I have been trying to raise it with the drivers door closed with no luck. I guess i'll have to take it to the shop. on the other hand, i have been considering getting the springs that replace the airbags all together or the OLD MAN EMU 2" KIT. What do you know about that?

Thanks

TIG

Mike
Well considering I just bought a new set of air bags last night, I have done my homework.
I have had a number of friends suggest doing the conversion, and I have looked at what coils I could use and the difference in ride. I have followed people with the same truck as mine, except they had coils and I didn't like how they acted on the trails. There is a difference in the road handling control the SLS offers, They are smoother, easier to keep balanced when loaded and the height adjustment, when needed off the road is sure handy.
Bottom line, I still promote the SLS when ever I can. Atlantic British has a special on their coil convesion package for D2's. If I were to change over though, I would buy the spring plates and the correct OME springs and shocks for the greatest ride.
Good luck,
Mike

Old 07-12-2006, 11:43 AM
5th Gear

Thanks for the info. I would already be into the project, I'm just pressed for time. If I do decide to remove the airbag system, what else needs to come off?

ORIGINAL: freerider712

Thanks

TIG

Mike
Well considering I just bought a new set of air bags last night, I have done my homework.
I have had a number of friends suggest doing the conversion, and I have looked at what coils I could use and the difference in ride. I have followed people with the same truck as mine, except they had coils and I didn't like how they acted on the trails. There is a difference in the road handling control the SLS offers, They are smoother, easier to keep balanced when loaded and the height adjustment, when needed off the road is sure handy.
Bottom line, I still promote the SLS when ever I can. Atlantic British has a special on their coil convesion package for D2's. If I were to change over though, I would buy the spring plates and the correct OME springs and shocks for the greatest ride.
Good luck,
Mike