Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

flooded disco

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: flooded disco

OK small progress has been made. i took the kick pannel off the passenger side and stuck a fan down there over night and the three amigos shut off. now the only lights that i have on are oil, bat, the airbag light at the top right and the check engine light. i am going to have my buddy come by and see ifhe can pull any codes off of it.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitly open everything up that may have gotten waterthe best that you can and dry as much as possible. If you keep one panel attached on a fuse boxit will take forever to dry. I've anyways been amazed at how electrical components are able to start working again after drying out, the key is to open up everthing that you possibly can.Obviously check all fuses in case something shorted.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

So it sounds like you let a lot of water into the interior when getting out of the truck, should have gone out a window.
Last year I went deep enough to run water up over the top of my hood, never stopped, got to the other die opened the door with no water coming in or electrical issues. Did you get your ECU wet?

Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'll just throw out that I have a D1, so I am not sure on this one. But, I went through a flood, and a week later, the truck would start on its own with the key on. I would suggest pulling the fuse box and looking for water. I had things intermittenly work and not work, and water migrating through the box was my culprit.

Just tossing out suggestions. Good luck.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Rock Crawling

i didn't open the door to get out me, my buddy, and my two dogs actually went out the window. the ECU didn't appear to be wet. i have both kick panels off, both fuse boxes are open and drying. the ecu may have gotten wet. i have my buddy comen over today with the code reader to see whats what. i don't expect to find anything, but at this points it's sure wortha shot.i know that air filter was dry but just in case i am going to go pull the plugs right now. i will let you know.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Disconnect the battery and leave it for about a hour, it might help to reset the ECU.
You should have been able to put it into neutral if it was already in reverse, even with no power to it, the gear selector is mechanical so no power/short/water, nothing should have prevented you from shifting to neutral.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Rock Crawling

what are the odds of blowing atransmission from tow? if it were stuck or just not in the right gear. a duece and a half pulled the thing

Old 03-25-2008, 07:22 PM
Team Owner

I would say pretty good. If you pulled it forward any distance with it in reverse and the wheels turned forward you could have spun the engine backwards.
I know that it is possible with a manual transmission but do not know about a automatic.
If you spun the engine backwards then you are most likely screwed.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Rock Crawling

i hate my life....

Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Team Owner

Remember, it's just a car.

Quick Reply: flooded disco