Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

FishEH is on target. If insurance is paying get a BOSS bumper like an ARB or something that makes a statement (of aggression toward subarus and all small trees).

Old 04-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

I live in Portland Oregon. It's the capitol of Subaru's in the U.S. I hate Subaru's. They dodge in and out of traffic, and race around others going up to Mt.Hood in the snow. I will not see a dime from any insurance company because I rear ended him after he cut me off and slammed on his breaks. Not happy. Non plused, really. My next bumper, I've decided, will be steel. I appreciate the cammoraderie (sic). I wish I knew more on what bumper others have purchased with no regrets.

Old 04-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 91 Likes on 81 Posts
Old 04-12-2016, 08:16 PM
Winching
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

...forget the bumper! mine was pretty cracked so ended up taking the whole thing off, now I roll with just the rusted metal skeleton, but will painted either matte black or some cool weird color! ;-]#

Old 04-13-2016, 09:57 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 246 Likes on 231 Posts

View from Subaru rear view mirror.

GET OUT OF MY WAY

Old 04-13-2016, 10:29 AM
Winching
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie_V

View from Subaru rear view mirror.

GET OUT OF MY WAY
Charlie, I need to hijack your pic for a moment - I'm building my custom bumper as we speak. I will make custom holes for fog lamps and I am thinking of doing both the round holes and the elipses like you have. Any idea what fogs and lamps you have? Did they come with the ARB or did you get them? If you don't mind, any close-ups of the back side or anything you can send would be awesome. I also like the LED light bars.

Thanks!
Jamie

Old 04-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Tomzsix
The Subaru cut me off then braked to a stop within 2 seconds, causing me to rear end him. Shattered my bumper and his car, nothing happened. Insurance won't pay my claim because I rear ended him, even though he passed me on the right, over a solid line. Think I will save for a terra firma. Thanx, guys.
TOMZSIX:

When I was a younger man, I was involved an identical accident, except, I caused the accident. I was entering a fast moving 4 lane road in Dallas, the car ahead of me on the long entrance ramp suddenly STOPPED at the end of the entrance ramp,...I was already checking my mirror and had an opening, so,....I just merged into traffic,...then slowed waving the car ahead of me on to the road,....(trying to be the good guy) not thinking that the guy behind me might not be expecting me to merge and slow,.......DUH! Long story short,...the guy behind me hit me and

here is the important for you MY INSURANCE COMPANY FOUND ME AT FAULT BECAUSE I SLOWED UNEXPECTEDLY AFTER MERGING,...THEY PAID THE CLAIM FOR THE GUY BEHIND ME, AND BUMPED MY RATES UP.

Last edited by bcolins; 04-13-2016 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:19 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by jamieb
Charlie, I need to hijack your pic for a moment - I'm building my custom bumper as we speak. I will make custom holes for fog lamps and I am thinking of doing both the round holes and the elipses like you have. Any idea what fogs and lamps you have? Did they come with the ARB or did you get them? If you don't mind, any close-ups of the back side or anything you can send would be awesome. I also like the LED light bars.

Thanks!
Jamie
I will eventually fab my own bumper also. Would you share your plans with me? I want to install fogs in the bumper also. I bought a set of X5 LED fogs. looks like their stock is running out and they only have left light remaining. https://www.theretrofitsource.com/cl...l#.Vw5w4_krJaQ

They get great reviews and have a great pattern, but they are not an exact circle. A google search will result in a lot of threads where people are retrofitting them onto other vehicles.

Hella also makes a 90mm fog light for recessed mount p/n 008582001

Here is a photo that I had of the ARB mounting:

Wesem makes a LED bumper mount fog: http://shop.wesem.com/en/4/6739/led_..._24v_cdc1_type (tough to find in the US)

Last edited by acamato; 04-13-2016 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 PM
Winching
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the tips, guys. I appreciate it. Some of these sites want vehicle info, but I'll have to work around that because it's custom.

After the bumper is made, I'll be happy to share some plans on how it was done. It's a project for a welding class. I think it's cool students are getting to learn while doing.

Thanks!
Jamie

Old 04-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Many pics of nice bumpers. But I think I'm down to two choices. Terra Firma TF009 or the Atlantic British DA5645. What is the difference between the two besides price???

Quick Reply: Front Bumper