Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

G4 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

These are called Limb Risers. In enviroments with lots of trees and limbs/brush they protect the paint and the windshield. We are in Southeast USA.

Yes please post a Pic of the Yellow G4 ....

Old 03-06-2015, 03:29 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

It's not alleged, it is a confirmed G4. I met with Mark. It has the G4 interior, but a few things have been taken off of it. It now has 18" wheels and the rear light guards are not original G4.

Zack looked up the Vin and confirmed it's G4 status.

I Hope Mark does not mind, here are a few photos:

Name:  image3_zpslkmj4cfl.jpg
Views: 814
Size:  227.0 KB

Name:  image2_zpsqneiyqp4.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  98.3 KB

Name:  image1_zpsxqykb0d0.jpg
Views: 782
Size:  143.7 KB

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Those are for protecting the hood and windshield from tree branches.

You should throw up some pictures of this alleged yellow G4 for us. I think we're all very interested.

Old 03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Nice. I learned something new today! A while back I saw someone post about a silver G4 for sale somewhere, and I guess I mistakenly told them it was BS. Oops. We live we learn. Sorry whoever you were. You might have missed out on a good deal.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet! I'm actually kind of a fan of the yellow. I also like D2's because they stand out so the louder the color the better, which is why I bought the funky copper/orange colored one.

As far as not wheeling it though, because it's rare, I've never understood. Yoops has a beautiful Trek and I've seen picture proof he wheels it. You can off-road in something you care about and not destroy it. Might actually make you wheel better if you cared more about it.

I'd keep driving it and taking care of it. Plus now that you know it's super rare you won't feel as bad spending money on it to keep it going.

Also if you've got some more shots of it throw em up.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:54 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by jafir
Nice. I learned something new today! A while back I saw someone post about a silver G4 for sale somewhere, and I guess I mistakenly told them it was BS. Oops. We live we learn. Sorry whoever you were. You might have missed out on a good deal.
It's an easy misconception Jafir because the most common are orange and then yellow but you very rarely see silver or black.

Personally I like my Vienna green D2, it's so 'tarty' in truth I saw it under floodlights at night and thought at the time it was silver (so did my wife) and was amazed the next day when it turned out to be pale metallic green.

The reason we were interested was it was a LHD ES7 and TD5 auto originally destined for south America somewhere with full A/C front and rear, 2 electric sunroofs (big mistake) and pre-registered with only delivery mileage. I offered 2/3rds the asking price and they accepted so I pushed my luck (as you do) and asked for additional LR rubber mats + bootliner throughout, LR tow bar + electrics and road fund licence with a full tank of diesel .................... they agreed to everything I reckon they were stuck with it from a late cancelled order and it was already pre-registered so needed to shift it PDQ.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:47 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting the photos Abran. All of you, by the way, Abram is a great guy and a great source for parts. I also ran the VIN through a local dealer and he came back with the G4 confirmation. When I was shopping three years ago and found this one, the exterior color was fun (kind of a Camel series look) but the interior is a weird Gortex kind of material and I figured it would be easy to clean. Thanks to all of you for your interest.