Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a good day

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wife and I went out for ribs last night (Famous Dave's if you guys have them) and an h2 was parked up front with a company logo on it (usually means the person can't afford it) and the spot next to it was open so I put my Disco beside it. When I got out I noticed the h2 had bald tires (did I mention these folks is usually broke) and it looked like it had not been washed since it was bought. However when I walked across the way and looked back at them the Disco really made the h2 look like sh....all I could do was smile.

PS...old school FJ's are the shnizzle but jeeps iz jeeps

Old 04-19-2009, 12:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Land Rover, isn't that made by Toyota?".. my favorite.

Old 04-19-2009, 01:08 AM
Mudding

a few days ago at a gas station i was approached by this guy from the next pump he was driving some big "lifted" pickups i like to call them show trucks b/c if you actually tried to do any mild off-roading they find out their big tough truck isnt so B.A. well this guy comes up and asks "what is that, some kind of jeep?" and i snickered and said "nope its a land rover" he replied "huh. ... is that one of the 4 by 4 ones?" to which i replied " yup sure is" he looked at it for a second and replied " i just saw one of those and it was a 2 wheel drive looked newer"

where do these people come from?

it wasnt as bad when i used to get "oh land rover thats made by range rover huh?"

but jeep.....disco....?

Old 04-19-2009, 07:36 AM
Three Wheeling

I had to laugh my way through "most" of this thread, I have only been driving my disco a couple months and have already had nearly every experience you guys describe. Just yesterday was the best, a friend of mine and I were taking a walk down his street ( just in case you hadn't noticed the weather was awsome) when he stopped to talk to one of his neighbors. He of course introduces us and then says to me " you guys would get along great, he has a Jeep". After giving them a slightly exagerated blank stare, I informed them I was having trouble making a connection between a Jeep with a ridiculous lift and huge tires, and a real off road vehicle. My friend said for having only had a rover a couple of months I was awfully stuck on it, I just told them once you own a Land Rover that distinctive English upward turn of the nose quickly rubs off on you

Old 04-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tailchaser0527
"Land Rover, isn't that made by Toyota?".. my favorite.
Ya, get this one alot too.

But what REALLY took the cake was right after I bought the D2 my mother-in-law called it a Hummer!!!

Wife wonders why I can not get along with her. Sheesh!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get asked if mine has four wheel drive almost daily.