Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got more than I bargained for!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got more than I bargained for!

So I bought my first D2 a few months ago. Been doing a lot of repairing (thanks to this site and Atlantic British). Among doing all of the interior repairs, I noticed a few old acorns down in the console and other places. Figured it just sat for a long time. As soon as I saw this I go the shop vac and sucked them up. I just took my climate control out and changed the bulbs and found some more. Still figured they were old. Then I opened up the glove box and found some chewed up napkins. Crap! I put those napkins there. There went my idea about an old problem. Does anyone have any suggestions about getting the rodents out without leaving there dead bodies in my disco or putting poison out but getting them out quick enough before they get hungry and start chewing some wires? Thanks in advance!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Drifting

Moth *****. I always put them in my cars when they go up for winter storage or any prolonged storage have never had a problem since I started using them.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Drifting

Thanks pkppunk for the quick response! Thanks!

Old 02-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Drifting

So I just loaded my car and garage up with moth *****. Smells to high heaven but hopefully driving the mice away. Let ya'll know what happens next.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

meh, just throw a really big rat snake in there.

you can also plug one of those high pitch annoyance things in the ciggy lighter. they work.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I am in a country neighborhood, and if I let my D2 sit for more than a week or two without driving it I find droppings in the rear cargo area, chewed up napkins in the glove box, chewed paper towels in the cargo area. This last time the mice chewed a good size hole in my Land Rover Experience best that I won at my first off road event a few years ago. UGH! Trying to deside if I can find a tasteful patch to put in the middle of the back of it, and still make it wearable. I have the same challenges with my old travel trailer.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just sayin... the box and stick trap would be the most impractical, but it would be the most rewarding and probably the route I would take. Just get one of those big duck hunting blinds, put it just outside the passenger side of the truck and put the box on the passenger seat floor and wait...

Attached Thumbnails Got more than I bargained for!-untitled.jpg  
Old 02-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Commercial pest control has something that looks like a small hamburger patty made out of green granules. Rodents chew it, it knocks down their kidneys, and in three days they go outside to seek water and die. Outside in the brush, not inside your buildings. You'll find it in rodent boxes around corners of buildings. Perhaps something similar in the pest products aisle. The rodents don't die in the box, it is not a trap, it is a kill bait station.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Commercial pest control has something that looks like a small hamburger patty made out of green granules. Rodents chew it, it knocks down their kidneys, and in three days they go outside to seek water and die. Outside in the brush, not inside your buildings. You'll find it in rodent boxes around corners of buildings. Perhaps something similar in the pest products aisle. The rodents don't die in the box, it is not a trap, it is a kill bait station.
My only experience with those is that they either look for water inside (high chance of finding it in a leaky disco) or don't make it out before they die.

Old 02-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone else feel Itchy?

Quick Reply: Got more than I bargained for!