Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GROM audio ipod connection to stock radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice write up. Can you give us the details on your D2? I assume from your sig that it is the 04 SE7, does is it have the Harmon system or the base? I tried an adapter on my base equiped 01 that replaces the 6 disc changer plug just like this system, and could not get it to function. I ended up swapping the head unit out with an Alpine system I had that could connect the iPod. I would have liked to leave it stock, as I like the look of a stock dash...

Old 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sure, no probs. it is an 04 SE7. i originally thought it was an hse since there were no markings on the side, but on closer inspection, i could see the differences in paint color and it is an SE7. it has the alpine unit, with 6 cd changer under the pass seat. subwoofer in the rear door. no nav unit. as you can see from the pics, the original plugs, the top three that are grouped together, the blue plug, which would be the inner most one, is the one that connects the changer with the head unit. you have to remove all three since they are connected together. once all three are out, you can squeeze the notch and the blue one comes out, then just slide the new blue plug onto the other two and install the three together into the back of the head unit. if you have multiple playlists on your ipod, then the 6 buttons on the front of the alpine unit become your playlist buttons. number 1 being whichever is your first playlist, etc etc etc. truth be told, my head unit doesn't want to cooperate with me. the volume button doesn't work so i have to use the steering wheel volume control. kind of makes it hard to set bass, treble, etc. i keep spinning the sucker until it responds. i was going to have the unit repaired and have that aux slot installed, but i didn't like the look of the 3.5 slot in front, and to have it on a seperate cable didn't appeal to me. the fact that it was a glorified fm modulator, from my conversation with the company, didn't endear me to the conversion. saw the grom unit on another members post and called them. spent like and hour chewing the techs ear off and figured for the money, it was worth it. and it is. the sound is crystal clear. highs/lows are crisp. nothing like listening to slipknot while driving in a tux to a wedding. double takes galore. hope that helps. as for the fact that you have an 01, i think the tech mentioned that they had grom units that would work with that head unit. but you know your head unit better. details on my SE7 to follow in other posts. later all, TGM