Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handgun storage

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Colorado David
You could always get a Glock, the gun that comes with no pride of ownership. Running for cover now. The Glockies will be along soon.
I've got a Glock 21FS and Beretta 84FS Cheetah. The Glock is a bit of a .45 canon compared to the 9mm Cheetah (girlies gun) but I wouldn't wanna stop one from either of them.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

what. France, I figured you were walking around the yard with one of these.

I like the feel of that beretta.

Last edited by dusty1; 07-21-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I love the 1911 but for everyday concealed carry it's just so big and uncomfortable to carry unless it's right out on your hip. I've tried every different position and holster and I just didn't like it. I've got the perfect compromise. It's got the look of the 1911 but I can carry this thing in my shirt pocket and you wouldn't even know it was there. And the rainbow edition would go perfect with the Disco in Dusty's signature. If you carried this you can forget the safe altogether. You can hide this thing in a million different places and a thief would never find it.

Attached Thumbnails Handgun storage-20140721_164653.jpg   Handgun storage-20140721_164434.jpg  
Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Yep, I have a mustang II in the collection (same) and got the 938 for the mrs.
You can hide that stang, if you are only wearing a thong

Old 07-21-2014, 05:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
You can hide that stang, if you are only wearing a thong
LOL. Good one!

Once your down to the thong you've really got to get creative when looking for a nook to hide it in, but where there's a crack there's a gap, and where there's a will there's a way.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Winching
Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

My Walther PPKs fits perfectly in the cubby hole above the sun visor.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you carrying a firearm? This is not a funny question, please understand. Because if you have a reason to carry it, then CARRY it, and manage yourself around that insurance and the burden of having that insurance, and do not leave it out of your control in your vehicle.

One problem I have with leaving my firearm in the vehicle is from hard experience. I had a bolted, lockable steel moneybox under my (driver's) seat where I locked the handgun at times. A lady friend and I went for dinner in a big Mall and for some reason I took the weapon from my back holster and locked it in the box under the seat, really not thinking clearly (in my country we have real reason to carry all the time, by the way).

There was an armed robbery in the mall two shops away from our restaurant and security manned our entrance and no one could get out. Eventually when we were allowed to move out my Toyota Hi-lux truck had been used as a getaway. So, gone was my truck and my shooter. I am convinced the security detail was part of the plan.

Never, ever let your gun NOT be under your control.

In South Africa you are not allowed to carry openly, the law is you MUST carry concealed and I like that better. I also like the stipulation that if you have firearms in your vehicle or on you, they must be under control. So when we go hunting and have to stop for fuel or food along the way, one person always stays in the truck so that the rifles / shotguns are under control.

There is no such thing as a firearm accident. There only is care, and control. The opposite is carelessness which means negligence, and a death resulting from negligence is culpable homicide.

Last edited by MonteroMan; 07-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beautiful

[QUOTE=dusty1;473788]what. France, I figured you were walking around the yard with one of these.

Dusty, this is beautiful - a flashback to days when men were still men and an insult was dealt with immediately and may the best man win. I am building twin flintlock duelling pistols with all the love and care I possess.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:25 PM

I have to admit that I'm a bit of a woosy, I don't actually like guns as they have one purpose for which they are made. I have only carried a gun once on me in my life when working in Saudi but based in the Yemen at that time in 1967 when the war developed and the company, a large joint American/Saudi oil outfit, issued us, the engineers and management, with big Browning 1911's. At that time most of us couldn't hit a barn with it even if we standing inside it but it made us realise the gravity of the situation and what was to come. Ironically, it was our saving grace after a few days and when we had to defend ourselves skidaddle out of the area overnight under the cover of darkness without passports, belongings, anything etc. I must be stupid as I was back there in 1973 when it all happened again.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by dusty1
what. France, I figured you were walking around the yard with one of these.

I like the feel of that beretta.
Aye, aye Cap'n, who shot me frickin parrot .....................well not quite. It's a bit errrr...........backward here but not quite that far behind. ...........only one century.

Quick Reply: Handgun storage