Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Happy New Year Disco Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 01:49 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile Happy New Year Disco Owners!

Welcome to 2013!!!!
Presumably your all having a ball drinking a 12 pack and watching the ball drop lol
So what are your plans for the near year? What do you hope to accomplish with your Disco this year?

Me personally, my goals are:
- Already started this project but Completely revamp of brake system. All new calipers, pads, hardware, SS brake lines, new master cylinder, brake flush maybe replace my brake servo. Sometime this year I will be upgrading to Akebono pads and EBC rotors. Ill keep my current rotors (all brand new basic rotors) as backup for emergencies.

- Upgrade front prop-shaft with recommend fully greaeable shaft, maybe replace rear rubber flex coupler to.

- Upgrade Thermostat, coolant flush, replace all belts.

- Engine flush and Shell Rotella engine oil, super-sized oil filter, new oil pan gasket.

- New All Terrain tires and new Winter tires

- Fix check engine light and 3 Amigos

- Service CDL

- Flush Transmission fluid and new gaskets and filters

- Oil Undercoating

- MAYBE if money permits a full size Safari Roof Rack and 6 Hella lights (4 front roof and 2 on rear roof)

-MAYBE 2-3 Inch suspension lift kit.

If money permits lol. Mods are last thing on my to do list so..

Well look forward to hearing from everyone and STAY SAFE THIS NEW YEARS DAY!

Old 01-01-2013, 01:51 AM
TReK

And for those of you working on your Disco engine rebuilds/replacements and total loss I wish you the very best and I cant wait to see the results. Post pics and keep us all posted. Always love to hear amazing stories about people bringing their Disco's back to live! You guys inspire me

Old 01-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Happy New Year!

And good luck to all us Disco owners!

Old 01-01-2013, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

re: - Oil Undercoating

That is automatic on mine. Maybe the fuse link is blown to the stealth oil ooze pump....

Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

2013 will be the year of my range rover. it's a slow build thanks to my grad school tuition and other bills, but i have the 5" springs and a detroit in my garage and 6 degree radius arms being built. eventually it will be sitting on 35's with a 5" lift. for now im riding winch bitch on our club run in three weeks

Old 01-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done a ton of stuff to mine over the last month as I started bone stock. So far I have added TR front and rear bumpers, a 11,500lb winch, Brownchurch half rack, Pro Comp light bar with 4 Hella 50FF lights, Saudi Grille, 265/75/16 Toyo Open Country M/T on TerraFirma Anthracite rims, 2in OME Heavy Duty lft, Moab retractable awning and Mantec snorkel.

Next up is finishing my TerraFirma rock slider installation, a rear work light, a bull bar on my bumper with two Hella 4000 lights, two more 50ff lights for fog lamps, and then the outside is complete!

I am then going to remove the headliner and part of my dash to run all of the wiring for the auxillary lights and winch and to install new speakers and a stereo with built in nav. Then it is time for a head gasket job, new Stage 1 cam, head and intake port and polish job, upgraded radiator, 180 T-Stat, and finaly a new high flow Magnaflow exhaust.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Waxoyl the undercarriage, much superior to just an oil bath.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 AM
Winching
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

A happy new year to all as well.. as for my Matilda... well I am going to drive her, bounce her, get her wet, get her dry. I am going to continue to change her fluids, replace broken r breaking parts and look for ways to improve her without changing her. Oh and enjoy every agonizing moment I sit in her as the gas station attendant fills her with the good stuff regardless of its price.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy New Year. Looking forward to 2013. I just finished the HG, plugs and wires, all the coolant hoses, the t-stat, and the serpentine belt. I will finish the fluid changes, and do the front drive shaft. I will then be done with the majority of the major service list. Then I will look into a 2-3" lift and rock sliders.

Old 01-01-2013, 03:42 PM
TReK

Sounds like 2013 will be a fine year then for us glad to hear you guys are still enthusiastic about your Rovers! Keep up the good work and upload new pics of them for us.

And Ill look into this Waxoil product...

Quick Reply: Happy New Year Disco Owners!