Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdc

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hdc

Hill decent control refues to work.
First thing I do is put vehicle in low range then move shifter too 1 and decend hill. The only thing that happens is that the green light continues to flashes along with a continues audible chim but no brake assist. Everything else is fine no warning lights of any kind. also with center diff locked should traction control work on all 4 wheels on my latest off road trip I noticed that traction control would only work on the front wheels as the position I was in left the wieght of the vehicle on the drivers side rear wheel but I could not get that tire to spin.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Was your foot on the brake pedal when going down the hill, that will cancel the HDC until you take your foot off the brakes.
As for the ETC, it may just be an issue of you learning how to use it, slow crawling and a steady pedal are the main things to get it working to your benefit.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:32 AM
Three Wheeling

No foot on the brake pedal. Is it normal for the audible chime to sound constant, also when using hill decent if you put the transmission in neutral as you our desending will it still assitt. As for the traction control I applied steady throttle the front tires are pulsing the entire time but the back would not do this only one tire in the back with no traction spinning free

Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my HDC only chimes repeatedly when I have it in 4-hi...I guess the chime is telling me that it's not going to work because I'm in hi. At the same time, the HDC symbol flashes.

if I'm in 4-low and the foot is off the pedal, then there is no chime and no flashing.

I don't think HDC will work in neutral, but it will work in reverse (try that).

like you said, make sure you're in Gear 1...it should still work otherwise, but it won't slow you as much.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Three Wheeling

Is there a light on the dash for when your in low range. Im thinking maybe that the computer does not no that the vehicle is in low range therfore the chim alerting me that it is not active.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Administrator

No.
Are you sure you were in low, did you drive while being in low and was it in fact in low range?

Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM
Three Wheeling

Definanitly in low range without a doubt.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess it comes down to this: if you're really in 4-low and don't have the brake on, but you're getting the HDC chime and flashing HDC symbol, then for some reason your truck thinks you're in 4-hi and won't let your HDC engage.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
Three Wheeling

Yea im lost on this one the transmission even goes from sport mode to manual mode when im in low range but no hdc. I dont no if this has anything to with it or not but my cruise control doesnt work either I have checked over the basics such as fuses and relays havent worried to much about the cruise control as I wouldnt get much use out of it anyway.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator

You just answered your own question in your last post, when in low range, you can't shift into sport mode, only manual.
Time to find a mechanic that can track down an electrical issue.

Quick Reply: Hdc