Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hdc

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 05gixxer
Yea im lost on this one the transmission even goes from sport mode to manual mode when im in low range but no hdc. I dont no if this has anything to with it or not but my cruise control doesnt work either I have checked over the basics such as fuses and relays havent worried to much about the cruise control as I wouldnt get much use out of it anyway.
So you normally drive in sport mode, is that correct?
Then you shift into low range and it goes into manual mode, correct?
If those 2 things are correct then I would have to say that you either have a brake problem and one of your warning lights is burnt out or the bulb is removed or you have a SLABS problem.

As for the traction control it sounds like you have a bad wheel speed sensor or 2, maybe thats why your HDC wont work either.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05gixxer
Hill decent control refues to work.
First thing I do is put vehicle in low range then move shifter too 1 and decend hill. The only thing that happens is that the green light continues to flashes along with a continues audible chim but no brake assist. Everything else is fine no warning lights of any kind. also with center diff locked should traction control work on all 4 wheels on my latest off road trip I noticed that traction control would only work on the front wheels as the position I was in left the wieght of the vehicle on the drivers side rear wheel but I could not get that tire to spin.
05gixxer, I tried my HDC first ever today. And let me tell you it was fun having the HDC kick in while going down a steep ramp. The second time I did it, I did not fully engage LOW and it started to chime and the HDC will no kick in.

So that fact that you said it chimed, could be your LOW is not fully engaged. Make sure you push it forward all the way. Sometimes when it is not used often or when it is cold, its a little tight and hard to move.

Old 07-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i agree Torancis, I've never had a vehicle with HDC and boy does it change the game for off-roading.

sad thing is, i bet 50% of the Discovery owners out there never engage HDC once (or for that matter, even lock the CDL).

that being said, I still trip when about to go down a steep hill with the foot off the brake pedal. i'm constantly looking back and forth...first gear, check...HDC engaged, check...alright, let's do this.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes spike555 I normaly drive in sport mode the when I select low range it then changes over to manual mode allthough it does take a while. I dont believe there is anything wrong with the warning lights because if my center diff is locked and I turn off vehicle and restart my tc and abs lights come on disableing my tc and abs.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Ok thats good to hear.
Put the truck in low gear while in a parking lot and see how fast you can go, you should top out at less than 45mph, if you hit 30 or so and the rpms are WAY high then low range is engaging.
Report back when you confirm that low is working.