Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head Unit finally ate a tape, Is there an oem solution with an AUX input?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bulax99
When I installed my GROM I couldn’t for the life of me get it positioned so that the head unit could be pushed all the way in.
Same here. I had the head unit out and could see just the perfect little cubby that looked like it was designed just for the Grom. But couldn't get it in there. Removed the climate control head and it slid right in. A PITA, to be sure, but was totally worth it.

Old 02-27-2019, 10:12 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

To all who recommended the GROM option, this was a great pick and very easy to install. No reason I should have ever wanted an auxiliary input. Thanks for the advice!

Old 02-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLRVRS
To all who recommended the GROM option, this was a great pick and very easy to install. No reason I should have ever wanted an auxiliary input. Thanks for the advice!
Nice! That mic placement was no doubt easier than running it above the headliner, like I did. I originally had it directly to the left of my mirror. When I redid my headliner, I moved it to the front end of the driver's grab handle. Pretty good performance there. But I wonder if directly on the dash is even better. Cheers.

Old 09-23-2020, 10:36 AM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mln01
Disco Mike had the link to what turns out to be GB 4x4 Radios in his signature but if you're not having any luck contacting them that's irrelevant. The AUX port they installed in the factory head unit looked original.

But why do you want a AUX port? Like others, I've had a GROM Bluetooth unit connected to my factory radio for years. Works great and I love it. Why not just go with Bluetooth?

As FND said, you pull the radio out of the dash and plug the GROM cable right in where a CD changer would have been connected. There's room below and to the right of the radio where I stuffed the GROM box. No cutting, no splicing.

The only thing even a little tricky once you remove the radio is routing the microphone cable to wherever you want to mount the mic for making phone calls. I ran it under the dash, behind the A-pillar trim and across the top of the windshield and mounted it on the windshield near the interior rear view mirror.
this would have been a great post to have read in my thread....very knowledgeable.