Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HeadLiner dropping

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the headliner from inside around the sunroof looks bone dry and clean, no evidence of water damage, I opened the sunroof and picked inside, but the fron is not suging and since the drain tubes are in the fron I couldn't see them. I might have leak from the windshield corner, see picture of the removed A-pillar trim, there was no moisture or water right now.
#1 shows where I once noted some water
#2 Apillar removed, no warer or moisture, no rust but
#3 Looks like water has flown there at least at some point see also #4

Attached Thumbnails HeadLiner dropping-1.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-2.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-3.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-4.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:37 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

wouldnt be the first time someone had a leaky windshield on a d2.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Rock Crawling

and here are the 4 corners or the sunroof
#6 front not saging
#7 passenger side, most of the saging
#9 driver side some saging
#10 back side, the sunroof trim clip has been holding the center in place with some sag on the side

Attached Thumbnails HeadLiner dropping-6.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-7.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-9.jpg   HeadLiner dropping-10.jpg  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
wouldnt be the first time someone had a leaky windshield on a d2.
Like I said the fiberglass of the headliner looks clean and shiny, so Istill don't know why it would be saging. Could the widshield sleak have caused the problem. The car has been parked on an incline, so that might be the reason why i ma not seing any water, I will park it reverse next time and see.

Old 03-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the headliner made of fiberglass covered with the headliner fabric?

Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by 0304Disco
Is the headliner made of fiberglass covered with the headliner fabric?
That is right.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default just about if you went to the dealer..

Originally Posted by hhalimi
Is this the cost of a new headliner?
It's the cost to take to a shop and have them do it correctly as thats all they do all day. Unless you want to take all weekend taking yours out breaking stuff , raising your blood pressure , scraping all the crap off your headliner and then screwing up trying to do something you never done before as your wife looks at you and the only thing that she says is " idiot"...

Have someone else do it and enjoy your weekend...

Chris

Old 03-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by vandev
It's the cost to take to a shop and have them do it correctly as thats all they do all day. Unless you want to take all weekend taking yours out breaking stuff , raising your blood pressure , scraping all the crap off your headliner and then screwing up trying to do something you never done before as your wife looks at you and the only thing that she says is " idiot"...

Have someone else do it and enjoy your weekend...

Chris
Not my wife, I myself will be saying this. After a DIY advanture, which went bad, I decided to get rid of all my tools, so I am never tempted again, but meanwhile I added even more tools for just in case.
You are completely right, I will try to find a shop to fix it, though 275 for a headliner like Discovery's sounds too good. If I could get by, by just some glueing and no need to take it off, it would be worth doing it myself.

Old 03-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default It is

Originally Posted by hhalimi
Not my wife, I myself will be saying this. After a DIY adventure, which went bad, I decided to get rid of all my tools, so I am never tempted again, but meanwhile I added even more tools for just in case.
You are completely right, I will try to find a shop to fix it, though 275 for a headliner like Discovery's sounds too good. If I could get by, by just some glueing and no need to take it off, it would be worth doing it myself.
actually $275.00 is average you should be able to find a place to do it. My rover shop charges that as they do about 10 a week so they do it all the time.. If it starts coming off nothing will hold as it will just keep coming down..

Buy once cry once....

Old 03-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Three Wheeling

The shop I buy my material from says they wont touch LR for under $450, but if you remove it and clean it they will put it on for $100, thats not a bad deal.

Quick Reply: HeadLiner dropping