Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads up for parts from ebay seller "ky_scrap1"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 03:15 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supplier resolved issue quick and fair

I purchased a transmission for my 2000 D2 from seller ky_scrap1 on ebay. The listing is here.

The guy sent out the trans in a clothes storage plastic bin full of cardboard, the box arrived destroyed under the weight to plastic ratio -

Opened it today to inspect the transmission and the rear stud for the transfer box is bent, no biggie yet, the front face of transmission which mates to the engine had a small chip in the corner, small concern but not total grounds for return, pulled the trans out of the plastic crate and there was a gouge in the gearbox housing right at the sump gasket, and the sump looked like it was beat down with a framing hammer.

Returning the item, but wanted to at least post a warning about the seller as he has alot of LR parts for sale. He also has a new listing for a trans which is listed as the same mileage of the one I still have yet to return. Just a heads up. The guy may be legitimate and overlooked this one item but again just a heads up.

After all this I found the classifieds section on here. Will be on that. Thanks to Mike from Tarheel for your response today.

Happy Trails

Last edited by beninwonderland; 01-29-2014 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Initial issue with supplier was resolved in a very fair manner. Seems to have been a one of situation and I may have jumped the gun to put it on blast.
The following users liked this post:
Crisis In My Nomex (03-16-2017)
Old 01-25-2014, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I THINK that's Marty Powell. He sells good parts at great prices. I've never had any issues, but I'm guessing bad things happen sometimes.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:51 PM
acg
Pro Wrench
Received 275 Likes on 210 Posts

Sounds like a one-off situation. I bought a CDL shifter assembly from Marty a few months ago. No issues with the transaction. Good luck with trying to resolve the situation with him.

Old 01-25-2014, 06:45 PM
4wd Low

Thanks for the replies - was just kinda surprised to see that from a seller with so many positive feedbacks.

Good to know its probably only a one time deal.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Yep, +1 for always had good experience with him. Hope your issue gets resolved.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Yeah, nothing wrong with him. Literally just bought a part from him and it arrived today just fine.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:41 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 245 Likes on 230 Posts

I've bought a power steering unit, an air conditioner compressor, and a tire carrier for my disco II from that seller in about a year, all for less than 100 dollars, all still working perfectly. I ordered the wrong tire carrier (for a disco I) and he sent me the right one before I even returned the wrong one.

That situation stinks but I trust the guy. Maybe a one off situation.

Old 01-27-2014, 01:22 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe the issue is with the Shipping Company? Remember the video of them throwing the flat screen TV over the fence???

Old 01-27-2014, 01:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Literally placing an order for 3 diffs from him right now, good dude!

Sorry about your experience.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:22 AM
4wd Low

Hey,

Alls well that ends well, ky_scrap1 responded offering shipping me a replacement trans with a return label for the first. Good business there. I am glad to see guys vouch for the supplier, it made it easier to go ahead and take a replacement instead of head hunting for another.

Thanks again for the information not just in this thread but the entire forum.

Quick Reply: Heads up for parts from ebay seller "ky_scrap1"