Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009 | 03:58 PM
|
Drifting

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
You need to take upon yourself to find the leak. I would suggest you remove the lower shield, power scrub the engine start it and watch to see where it is coming from.
...right, I know how to drive the car, I don't know anything about removing shields and power scrubbing engines.

Old 07-11-2009 | 09:58 PM
Winching

removing the shield should be rather easy, just find the bolts on the plastic shield that hold it onto the bottom of your truck and take them out, you need a wrench to do this, either a spanner of the appropriate size or a socket...
and to powerscrub the engine, you drive the leaky truck to your favorite carwash, park it in the wash bay, shut the truck off, pop the hood, get the pressurewasher, and rinse your engine. water only, dont hit it with the soap. try not to get right in close, and dont go full blast and stay in one spot, use a sweeping back and forth motion, keep it movin.
watch out for the fusebox in the engine compartment, the plug wires dont directly spray them... electrical stuff try not to blast directly